www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 4:55am

i figured out the oil leak problem on my havoc, i was stoping the car by pinching the exhaust together to stall the engine, which blows the exhaust manifold seal, i will need to put another header spring there to hold it tighter,

also i think ive blown a seal inside the estart, i think i saw some oil leaking from around the head of the washer under the bolt.

necron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 1:41am

The ball caps on the tie rods keep popping of the rear axle carriers on my Havoc.  How do I fix this seemingly simple problem?  New Parts?   

NilSatis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilSatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 1:31pm

Replaced my rears with tierods/turnbuckles from a mugen rallycross buggy; very chunky and no more ball caps; simply replace the ball caps with simple cap screw arrangement instead. However the ball caps can work well for a limited time, but will not work once warped. Its new parts time then. Also check the slop on the part in the middle on the bulkhead the turnbuckles are attached too, mine was warped and caused endless problems until i changed it and swapped for the mugens. If you cant get hold of them then some others will fit, just measure it up. I dont like ballcaps, so i changed all of them. will get some pics up if u like m8.

necron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 6:09am
I've picked up a couple sets of tierod ends,  and hopefully they will fit.  A picture would be great, but I do get the idea of what you are saying.  Your reply really helps, thank you!
necron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 4:40pm

somebody kill this thread, it's dead

rctruckz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rctruckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 1:05pm
just because no one posts on a thread for a while dont mean its *dead* new people who buy the havoc can come & read it as a reference/info guide & with it being a sticky its easy to find for new guys to the forum :)

Edited by rctruckz
Extreme Crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extreme Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 4:33am

Hi, I'm new here and I aquired a Havoc from Ebay a few months ago. I ran it a few times before winter set in and it runs great. I ran into a tree and then checked everything, no broken parts but when I tried to restart it, I thought I blew the engine. I seemed to have no compression. I finally realized the one way bearing was slipping. I took it apart and cleaned it with brake clean and it started and ran good. A friend of mine got one about the same time and he had the same results. We are both running Traxxas 20% nitro. From the reading we've done and talking to someone who seemed knowledgable, it seems the Traxxas fuel has too much oil. Is this true? If so, what is a good fuel to run?

The person I bought this from is Adrian from Schumacher and I got a good deal. He included a good many upgrades that I haven't installed yet. I thought I'd wait until something broke. I'm ready to run again since winters finally over. I have 3 other nitro rc vehicles that all have their own problems, most of them are me, but I only just started to run this year. During the winter, I bought an airbrush and started to work on painting some bodies. So far I've only done one. It was intended for my Warhead EVO but I tried it on the Havoc and I liked it, This is what it looks like now. I'm sure it wont be this good soon.

I hope this thread isn't dead because I know I'll probably need help soon, thaanks for looking.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:45pm

thread isnt dead, nice looken machine man, i would suggest putting any and all upgrades on accept for alloy hubcarriers (they are fkn useless)

basicly any fuel is ok, but make sure theres no castor oil in there, that makes for slipping oneways.

KrashKrieger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrashKrieger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:50am

Extreme, that's a badass Cuda lid...

Sirus, Are the 23mm adapters good?, I was just thinking of ordering them (the stock setup sucks...)

Why are the AL hub carriers useless?

Do you know of a replacement for the battery box? (six screws to charge my battery is riduculous when all other cars use a flip lid with body pin)

Thanks for the info, I luv this car (but need to change out crappy grippa sockets)

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:27am

the 23mm adapters and the chassy brace are the only 2 hopups i didnt get

ironicaly ive bent my chassy and ive been though like 5 wheels because i rip the center of them out.

the alloy hub carriers are really a waste of time, they have a grub screw that locks down on the pin that lets them move from side to side, the grub screw either unwindes its self or wears a groove in the pin and comes out, or you have to use locktite and if you use half a drop to much the grub screw is locked in there for good,

people told me to heat it up, tryed that did nothing, i had to get a T6 driver and hammer it in to the end of the grubscrew to be able to get it out.

KrashKrieger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrashKrieger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:44pm

thanks!

I'm getting the 23mm adapters because I've broke all wheels my LHS had in stock (they don't stock schumacher regularly)  I want to use normal wheels.

Hearing that the 4mm frame might bend, I think I'll get the chassis brace.  I'm not sure about the AL arms, thinking there needs to be flex somewhere?  How are those purple arms holding up? 

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 9:50am

everything else is holding up well man, ive twisted alot of drive shafts but just straighten them, same with the screws that lock the wheels in,

i broke a few ball cup/grips, but the new ones i ordered awhile ago are holding their ground,

i wanted to go to the 23mm adapters but the cost of getting the adapters and the wheels and tyres was to much, but if i break one more wheel im gonna have to lol, there isnt anyone in my state that stocks schuie.

BigBird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 6:01pm
hi
iv had my havoc for 2 years and its been running great , only a few hicups ,
but i was striping the engine and couldnt remove the flywheel does anyone
have any advice , thanks in advance to anyone with help , also i have a
tuning problem the engines very hot but spiting fuel
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 11:50am
Flywheel removal can be a real pain, especially if it has been on your engine a while.  The best thing you can do is get a proper removal tool, it basically hooks around the back of the flywheel and there is a bit that screws in and pushes against the prop shaft to pull the flywheel off.  There are a few DIY methods you can use, but you risk damaging the engine.
BigBird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 4:17pm
thanks
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 5:17am

Something like this:

http://www.fuyuanrc.com/en/detail.asp?id=14753

Or of course off good old flea-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330261 117624

Edited by Paul M
MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 1:50pm
I used the same tool i use for removing the flywheel off my car - 2.5tonnes of pressure isn't exactly what you're after. As luck would have it, i didn't manage to bend the shaft.

Same principle as the links above, but about 10x bigger!  
psychosurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psychosurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:19pm
Hi all I have just invested in a havoc and am planning to run it for the first time properly this weekend. Is there anything i should be aware of before i take this beast to the local park ie bits that may come loose/break starting tips and tuning ideas. Cheers all. P.S. This is my first nitro car so laymans terms please.

Edited by psychosurfer
BigBird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:48pm
just bring a spare cordless drill battery , i have had many times when finding
myself far from a plug socket and no juice in the drill :)
neilljj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilljj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 12:47pm

i have just bought a schumacher havoc from ebay it was virtually brand new and had been hardly used, anyway i took it out for its first run and it would cut out at full throttle, i then found out that it needed the restrictors, which i bought from modelsport, that cured the problem but from just running that one tank through it around a carpark it has now detroyed the clutchbell bearings, i'm wishing now that i hadn't bought this truck.

now looking through this forum i have found that it was a big problem and schumacher have confirmed that them selves so i am asking will schumacher send me the replacements free of charge? or will i have to pay out more money for this truck, thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
  Share Topic