www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pro cat parts T288

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pro cat parts T288
    Posted: 18 November 2005 at 1:37pm
Hi all hope you can help me out Im rebuliding a Procat and I need a bottom chase plate code T288 can anyone help possiable plate in Aluminum or carbon fibre so I wont be looking to replace to soon should things happen if you could reply to anthony@shineinternational.co.uk if you can help I will be a very happy person cheers Anthony
BossCat_Works View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 3:08pm
fibre-lyte can do you one in carbon fibre or carbon composite

Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 4:58pm

Fibre lyte do the need a chase to copy or would it be on there system do you know?

Cheers Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 10:29pm
you might need to send them ur orig.  i don`t know off hand if they still have the template, def worth ringing them though

Matt
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 1:55pm

i might have one, i have got a brand new c/f chassis for some sort of schumacher buggy, not sure what it is though.

Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 11:12am
Originally posted by 99prokid 99prokid wrote:

i might have one, i have got a brand new c/f chassis for some sort of schumacher buggy, not sure what it is though.

Any chance of sending a photo of it?? anthony@shineinternational.co.uk not sure if you can send photos through this forum site

regard Anthony 

99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 1:08pm

here it is, not a great pic because i took it with the webcam, but it shows the shape of the chassis at least.

its c/f, brand new, never been on a car, havent got a clue what its off though.

MattW View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 2:10pm
That is a Bosscat chassis, and a very rarely used one at that.
11kickinurass View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11kickinurass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 3:06pm
yep
Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:38pm

here it is, not a great pic because i took it with the webcam, but it shows the shape of the chassis at least.

Not sure id its the one but any chance of a full shot of the ends if you hold the middle and hold back to see the front end and back end if it is the one how much?
Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:47pm

Hi All It looks like a procat parts are hard to come bye, would a Boss cat or another chassis use many parts from the a procat?

Fibre lyte can help just a little costly so looking around first

Any help help greatly appreciated

Anthony

Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Maltys Maltys wrote:

Not sure id its the one but any chance of a full shot of the ends if you hold the middle and hold back to see the front end and back end if it is the one how much?

Hi All It looks like a procat parts are hard to come bye, would a Boss cat or another chassis use many parts from the a procat?

Fibre lyte can help just a little costly so looking around first

Any help help greatly appreciated

Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:59pm
that chassis above is the Bosscat "assymetric" chassis,  produced to move the cells back a bit further over standard

Matt

Edited by BossCat_Works
Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 8:54am
But would it work? Anthony
MattW View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 10:22am

No. The rear gearbox would fit - as it was essentially the same, but the front wouldn't as it had a completely different housing. Don't think you would even be able to modify it as i think it is "more stubby"/shorter at the front.

If you were to think about changing the gearbox, you would need to change everything - housing, diff(?), suspension uprights, and possibly even wishbones.

Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 10:35am

Thanks for your info I will keep looking for pro cat have seen one in Taiwan for 150 and 50 delivery

IamSerious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 5:33am

I do know a guy here in Australia who had a copy of a ProCat chassis made up in aluminium... and I have a GPM one on my bling bling aluminium ProCat which should be pretty similar... I will ask him how the reproduction is coming along...

Alex

Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 1:40pm

Hi Alex

Thanks, Il hang on till I hear from you, any idea how long it will take to get a reply?

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:06pm
ask fibrelyte to make one up, carbon composite will be slightly cheaper. 

chucked a load of procat parts away last yr, had some chassis as well
Maltys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maltys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 4:33pm

AAAHHHH you chucked it out, well cant change a thing now. I have spoken to them at fibrelyte they can make one up chassis that is for 50 but they do not have it saved on the pc for coping and the one I have is broken is there a tech drawing that they would undersatand I have the catalogue that came with it but thats no help

BUT IF ANY ONE HAS A CHASSIS PLATE FOR A 1992 PROCAT PART NoT288 PLEASE CONTACT ME I'L EVEN SEND YOU A XMAS CARD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic