www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fastest Fusion 21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 2:02am

sounds like my chassis      fusion 1 , 1.5 !  

k3nny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3nny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 7:27pm

I have contacted RBMods regarding enquiring about the fastest and most powerful engine with a flexible powerband, having a good top end to and also one that is relatively easy to slot into the Fusion21 and am awaiting a reply/suggestion.

Then i will contact Wolfpack radicals and get the mounts made for the suggested motor.

Anything else i should be looking at?

bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 1:32am

NITRO AND ALL SENIORS,

WHAT DO I WANT TO ORDER FROM WOLPACK. ARE THERE OPTIONS FOR THE WHEEL HUBS. SOME OF YOU TALK ABOUT GRINDING THEM AND STUFF. I WANT TO RUN THE BIGGEST TIRES I CAN WITHOUT REBUILDING THE DRIVETRAIN. 1/8 OR 1/10,ALSO I AM BIDDING ON A HUDY NEW ON EBAY. I DO LISTEN..

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 6:07am
I am in contact with Wolfgang presently, I will let you know when I have sorted as too exactly what to order. Hope this helps. 
bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 2:49pm
Thanx Kiwi
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 5:16pm
If you run 1/8 rears you are going to have some problems finding a body wide enough. I am running 1/10 scale onroad tires on the rear I had to modify the adapters because the prongs were too tall and would not fit into the tire. Remember the adapters are made for 1/8 scale not 1/10. If you intend on duplicating my setup be prepared to do some grinding.
bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 6:46am
 ok nitro, thanx I am not scared to grind I just want to be able to order the right parts. Will our hubs not fit the big wheels and that is why you guys use the r12's. So if I get this I need the hubs and Wolfpack adapters then the 1/10 foam tires...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 6:43pm
BigCrash , what some of us are doing on this site is using the Wolfpack Radicals adapters so we can use Serpent 1/8 scale foam tires on or cars. The Serpent tires are superwide, much wider than the nitro-shoes 30mm wide tires. I am not sure but I believe the Serpent rear tires are 50mm wide.  So you can go two ways on this order the R-12 hub carriers and some 30mm wide nitroshoe foam tires this setup will be better than stock. Or order the Wolfpack adapters and Serpent tires and go super wide. But if the front tires are smaller than the rear in diameter make sure you have a oneway diff from a R-12 in the front because if you don't the two ball diff will create a drag in the drive train causing excessive drivetrain wear and diff failure.
bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:14pm
 Just like a real 4wd, you can not have smaller diameters front to rear or side to side. Will the r12 hubs aslo need a different axle on the end of our driveshaft or do our stock ones work? Also if we use those Wolf adapters are the tires so large they hurt the stock drivetrain due to the weight. And like you said what body will have the wheels inside that is 1/10th. Kind of thinking I want to do this once and get the best so I can kick my buds as- with the serpent. Thanks for the help Nitro and you all...Marc/Big Crash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:03pm
No bigcrash you can used the axles that come with the fusion. Remember you have a .21 size engine in your fusion and the slight increase in weight in my opinion is offset by the increase in handling
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:18pm

Bigcrash u should also get the steel CVDs to relieve stress on the transmission when u mount 1/8 tires

bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:46am
 Nothing new to talk about because the snow in Cleve sucks!!!!Thanx for all the nice wishes guys to my wife. Well go eat some more and get fat thats my idea....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:58am
Cool!!
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 1:39am

No problem. I cant wait to race my fusion tomorrow at my LHS, my car doesnt want to doanything but spin out! If i 1/2 throttle it, the thing will push off in another direction and i have to feed it opposite steering to keep it straight. It catches traction after i straighten it out with steering, but this can slow me down considerably.  Looks like im gonna be fighting the steering wheel all through the race. Also, my fuel tank wont let me run for long. I am going to mount the bigger fuel tank like Sirus suggested. Does anyone have a strategy to use so i can win?

Oh, and i will be racing in 1/10 class so i dont have to worry about 1/8 monsters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 5:28am
Vortex21 sounds like you need to check your suspension geometry something is off!! Check your diffs too.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:11pm
yeh man if your sliding everywhere its time to check up, i assume you are using foams as well??
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 3:54pm

I will check but at the time i am a hour away from racing so it will have to be a quick one.

Sirus i am using foams, 35mm rears 28mm fronts.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 6:01am
so its not a traction problem, ive seen people have problems with the car earthing out when they throttle and you should have noticed when you touch the car with something metal it twitches, same thing maybe?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 1:28pm
Which clutchbell do you have on your car the stock one? Sometimes depending on the amount of grip for the surface you are running on you may need to put some traction compound on your rear tires.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 1:31pm

Vortex21, how did you do in the race??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic