www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:00am

That quote was taken from schumacher website.

Steel Gears...would be impressive to strip them!

But...from watching the Havoc video today, I did not hear the engine changing gear, so perhaps it is single speed.  I am going on what is on the schumie website which says gears, which would suggest it is 3 spd, but we all know the reliability of websites!  This would also explain why the top speed is only 50mph from a .28. 

Tbh, no body knows for certain as so little information is availiable at the moment. 

Ball Diffs, yep agreed, that is worrying. 

Its certainly possible, but no one can prove it either way until more pics and stats became availiable.

Graham

cyberglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:15am

jus watched the Havok vid  .......... cant say im to impressed   the operator needs to give it a bit more stick and stop babying it

going over them jumps it barelly got any Airtime    maybe its a s**t hot suspention setup absorbing most of the impact hitting the jump or maybe it weights 2 ton

i wanna see my truck fly like a plane and jump over houses people and possibly my dog  not stick to the ground like a wet leaf

buckingham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:01am
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification& ItemID=18731
if the link dont work ill copy and paste it..
any way will this engine make th havoc any faster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:02am
Features and Specification Part No: LRP32801 Price: 147.00

Name: LRP Monster Z.28R Spec 2
Manufacturer: LRP
Contents: 1
Other Info: The all new LRP Z.28R Spec 2 Pullstart nitro engine is the ultimate power source for all nitro Monster Trucks! With a real engine size of 4.59ccm and a power output of 3.7 horsepower, this LRP engine leaves all standard engines in the dust.

Specification:

3.7 Horsepower
ABC piston & liner
Mega size cooling head
Rear exhaust
Big tough pull-starter
Competition slide carburettor
SG-Shaft

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:25am
I wonder why the RPM isnt shown.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:39am
Well I watched it and i'm disappointed. You cant half tell the guy was babying it... Gee maybe thats because it has the same problem as the XTR... no bloody traction in the dirt !!!!!

HELLO... 2WD sucks on the dirt with that much power..... you'd think they wouldve learnt their lesson... but NO.... lets put a bigger damn engine with the same drivetrain. I dont even have to argue the point.. its plain to see in the video. Doing donuts is fun isnt it..... for about 2 mins.

Thumbs down from me since its just an XTR with bigger wheels and a bigger engine. Oh and a dual-tip pipe.

(I didnt even mention bearings because I reckon they'll outlast the diff)
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:00pm

Yeh, although i like the uncontrollability of the XTr, i much prefer it to the menace as it is just insane and more fun, so having even more uncontrollability in the Havoc for me just shouts awesome! 

Although, using ball diffs with that much power, will be interesting to see how long they last, agreed with Jastel here! 

Wheelspins and powerstands are cool

Graham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:04pm
has anybody got photos of it with out the shell on
glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 1:41pm
im definantly getting one
Mr Sparks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by buckingham buckingham wrote:

im definantly getting one

Good luck

GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:00pm

Well i think that second pic on the glypo website gives pretty conclusive evidence it is a 3 speed!

Its so so cool

Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:16pm

It is most definitely single speed guys - It doesn't need three!

As some of you well know i'm an electric driver and usually can't stand that nasty nitro stuff....but this thing is something else, you have to drive it to appreciate! 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:25pm

so why show a car with 3 ?

any clue as to what MPH it can do ?

Please !   

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:36pm
Does sound a little odd.

Maybe that 3 speed wasn't strong enough for the engine? Or to save costs?

When was the change made Chris? As those photos weren't taken that long ago really.......

Also as it says in the product description "Top Speed:       50 MPH+"

Edited by glypo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 4:10pm
hows the handling
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by buckingham buckingham wrote:

hows the handling

How the **** is anyone going to know that when it has not even been ****ing released!

Ahh well, single speed, well maybe not the Havoc then.

Graham

Edited by GBDUO
davi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 4:40pm
50mph hitting a custom ramp made by me for me still sounds like some damn good air
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 9:11pm
Well you just found the reason for the delay... if the gearbox couldnt handle it how long do you think the diff will last?
roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by jastel jastel wrote:

Well I watched it and i'm disappointed. You cant half tell the guy was babying it... Gee maybe thats because it has the same problem as the XTR... no bloody traction in the dirt !!!!!

HELLO... 2WD sucks on the dirt with that much power..... you'd think they wouldve learnt their lesson... but NO.... lets put a bigger damn engine with the same drivetrain. I dont even have to argue the point.. its plain to see in the video. Doing donuts is fun isnt it..... for about 2 mins.

Thumbs down from me since its just an XTR with bigger wheels and a bigger engine. Oh and a dual-tip pipe.

(I didnt even mention bearings because I reckon they'll outlast the diff)

2wd sucks in the dirt .... where have you been if the rear diff &  suspension are set up correctly and with a lot of practice they are quite controllable ... i totally agree with the ball diff never been a fan of these .... the bigger engine wont give you any more r.p.m itll just give it more torque ... which brings me onto the next thing if it is infact single speed and not 3 as advertised i for one wont be buying it .. maybes the dated transmission couldnt handle the extra torque of the .28   lets face it as much as i love my xtr3e the transmission is a dated concept and much higher maintenance than a standard diff ...  not sure how it could be compared to the xtr3e maybes its two wheel drive  and has a ball diff ... thats the only thing thats being used the chassis suspension steering tank e.t.c is different ...

maybes schumacher should keep there die hard customers better informed ..

itll be a shame if it is single speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
  Share Topic