www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grounded Screw Heads?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3nny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grounded Screw Heads?
    Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:25pm

So i managed to get the alloy diff fences installed and used the philips head screws that they provided instead of the TORX ones that was with the plastic diff fences.

Anyways, in an attempt to remove it, i ground up the head and now there isn't a + anymore. Just a big O.

How should i go about removing a screw like this?

Thanks a bunch..

hoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:27pm
If you have a very small drill you can drill it out.
hoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:28pm
You may be able to use a file or a dremel tool to put a slot in it as well. Then you can use a flat screwdriver to back it out.
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 6:58pm
this may sound a little extreme but you could glue or weld another intact screw on top of it and unscrew it that way
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 12:11am
that dont sound extreem, thats one of the ways ive done it, just superglue another screw ontop, dont try to drill it out, you will just drill the head of it off and then have the thread stuck in there, id glue something on top. or try to force a flathead one in there, the metal isnt that strong so you might be able to just by pushin it hard make a new slot for the flat head. the screws that came with my allow diff mounts have done that =P
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 9:31am

If you can get a small engenerring file and scrape a groove in then get a flat head screw driver onto it....

k3nny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3nny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 11:15am

blade: When are u getting back to Perth, i read in another thread ure away for work!

We just recently got back from overseas and am dying to see your car!

sevenfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevenfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 12:13pm
panis way works great
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 11:43pm
if your talking about in the diffmounts then using one of the standard torx screws works fine, i ground all of those crap ones out lol =P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic