www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spraying wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcmadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spraying wheels
    Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:43pm
are wheels ok to spray   i have some white spoked wheels that i want to make orange  do they turn out ok or do they peel
spikemike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:55pm

ruf 'em up with some wire wool or scouring pad for the paint to adhere to, keep the coats light and build the layers up slowly.

Batman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:55pm
Theyll just peel if you use them then look really pony.

You could scour the surface, spray then laquor and it might not be as bad, I'd only bother if they were going on a static model.

Mike
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:55pm
peel as i found out, but try it anyway its fun
BossCat_Works View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:03pm
i`ve painted mine silver before, i sanded them lightly then used grey primer, silver then laquer
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 6:46pm
i have got some that sum1 sprayed, dont know what with but the paint is a bugger to get off, wont chip at all and even nail varnish remover struggles to get it off, its really good stuff, wish i knew what it was tho.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic