www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

model expo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model expo
    Posted: 17 July 2005 at 10:59pm
how u get on ben, i wanted to go but couldent get ther in the end. any new cars ther that look good?? was the cyclone ther. bob
StoneColdSpider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoneColdSpider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:19am
did u take any pics?
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:39am
I went, and the Cyclone was awesome.
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:31am

ye the cyclone was really nice.

forme saturday was a pain because every time i put a mod in i was getting interferance so was stuck with using a spec all day saturday against 7-12 turns.

on sunday my mate lent me his 12 turn mod so i put that in and by the time every one else had gone down to using 7-9's lol

averaged 3rd or 4th in the demonstrations, broke my layshaft in half though.

show was great though, no cat 4k but the virtual rc stand was good.

chris ashton's mi2 was there, neil cragg's b4, neil cragg's yoke bc, craig dreschers FT tc4, etc etc, was a good show though.

nick has got some pics and videos.

oh and the cml drift team were quite good lol, chris grainger was very good at the end with his yoke drift car.

Edited by 99prokid
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:59am

here is a 1min video from the expo.

my 12 being caught up rappidly by 7's and 8's lol.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=61154

eddiettr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiettr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:17pm

You were actually racing then? What did you have to do to be in the demonstrations, I'd have loved to be in them!!

99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:42pm
nothing, just send a letter to john robson asking if you could demonstrate.
Cyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:07pm
Hell you could have told me!!!
Cyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:08pm
was there any doubt about the Cyclone after looking how its doing elsewhere?
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:10pm
both heats of touring cars were full anyway.
Cyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:11pm
u didnt do that bad against the 7/8 motors!
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:17pm

got faster lap times than some because i could carry the speed round the corners and nicks stock got even faster lap times than anything.

it was on all the straight bits that ilost out,corners i was actually faster but it was quite a big straight.

StoneColdSpider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoneColdSpider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:41pm
i just downloaded the movie but i have to wait to get home to move it.
99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:05pm
we'll keep you in suspense then lol, nah its not that good really.
Cyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 5:37pm

i really liked it! You driving alot better there m8!

99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 6:12pm

it was fine, handled fine, just didnt have the pace of thge 7's and 8's so ended up losing out.

still out handled the mi2 on the corners

Cyclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:46pm

not saying you club shells bad (its really good) but y didnt you use your nationals shell? Thats cool ^^^^^.

Hang on sorry i might of already asked u that before, cant remember the answer tho

99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:59pm

i did and you should see what happened to it lol

i used it on the saturday and i was getting all those glitches with the mod's that i was tryin then so it ended up putting the brakes on half way down the straight and spinning round then a pro 4 going head on into it and now its got a couple of nice beafy dents in the front, i mean propper ass dents that even put a mark/hole in the bumper foam lol.

so after that it cameoff and i stuck with the mazda lol, will be using it at ashby tho dont worry.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic