www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

motors.. what to get

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666junky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: motors.. what to get
    Posted: 12 July 2005 at 8:06pm

i would just like to know what is the best 19turn motor to get.. and what is the majority of people running at your local track? i mean what winds do they use.. when i go they just seem mentally fast and i want to know whats in them!   thankyou :D i am a girl so be nice hehe

spikemike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 10:38am

i run a dynasty 19 double from models in motion http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/product.asp?productid=4506&a mp;catCode=367&tamiya=258 its quite a fast motor, if you are new to touring cars then opt for a basic 27 turn motor http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/product.asp?productid=8071&a mp;catCode=143&tamiya=258 this is ideal for newcommers to touring cars, dont get drawn in by technical jargon, start with a basic 27 turn and as your control and speed increase then you can try a modified 19 turn motor

Good with your choice

luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:17am

get a Team Scream 19t, they do 3 types a Epic based one (twin mag), Atlas based one (twin mag) and Reedy based one (4 mag).

both the atlas and the epic ones are excellent and Team Scream motors are currantly 1st in BRCA and 1st in BTCC.

hth
luke

pm me if you want some contact details for them

ncfc keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncfc keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:44am
i run a 12 single high torque hara but im going to run a 19 turn team orion element at the btcc next year
nemisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:52am
hi,i run a chameleon 2.found this ok with putnam pro brushes in. reedy quad not as much punch but easy to drive. i now run a fantom 19t team spec.lovely motor bags of punch.nem
666junky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666junky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 8:15pm
cool, i will be sticking with a 19turn then :) should be getting it soon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic