www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

glowplugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: glowplugs
    Posted: 15 May 2005 at 1:59pm
Just wondered what glowplug most of you opt to use,just so i know which one to buy..Cheers Tom..
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 2:06pm
Ive been using OS glow plugs #A5 is a great plug for the TTr.21 but am looking at some novarossi ones.... OS are very good quality....
ckirwan514 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckirwan514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 4:26pm
i have bedn using Macoy MC-9's for years with no problems also using Macoy MC59's and i cant tell any difference execpt the MC-9 costs less. remember for high nitro 20% and above you need a cool plug.
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 5:18pm
been using picco plugs from my lhs. nothing but performance and they last pretty long. solid plugs
buddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 8:47pm

does anyone know what the standard plug is for an xtr

also when u guys make ur cars too lean and then wen u rev them hard do they make a funny noise

Schuaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schuaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:21am

That noise is the life being sucked out of your motor.  And you said it was a funny noise?  It isn't really that funny if you think about it.  Just messing around, actually yes, that is the engine starving for fuel.  When you here that you need to bring it in and start with a full turn out on the high speed needle.  More may be needed so keep going until the rpm's fall off, then start coming back in slowly. 1/12 at a time until you get your power back.  Why 1/12 you ask, because you need small increments when leaning out an engine and most people can relate to 1/12 because of a clock.  I teach this method at my store and track and my guys seem to do very well with their tuning.  Remember, you wont blow the engine when you are to rich, the only thing that will happen is you slow down.  However, to lean, well that one needs no explaination.  I have a saying, " Lean is mean but it cost you green".

Edited by Schuaholic
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:55am
ive had the standard glow plug on for a year and a half and havent replaced it.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:52pm
Sirus You must have the force with you .........
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:21pm
never cleaned it either lol
2_phat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_phat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 1:39pm
I use novarossi c6 awesome plug!! Os A5,A3 work well also..What fuel u running?
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 1:25am

haha thats just life, my glow plug shat today, got an OS A5 or somethin.

Edited by sirus
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:38am
ive got a question, obviously a better spark in a car makes for better driving when you first start your car, what about the coil on the glowplug, the first battery i baught to hook it up to was a 1.5, and ive noticed that there are some 1.2's getting around, the 1.5 would make the glowplug hotter, wouldent that be better for kicking your engine over?
Schuaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schuaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:37am
Just curious Sirus, you will comment on a technical question on a radio system that is way more involved, and you are stuck on a question about a simple glow ignitor.  To answer your question, a hotter glow will start your engine easier, however, volts don't always equal power.  For instance, a standard dry cell disposable battery is 1.5 volts and a rechargable is 1.2 and the rechargable 1.2 will glow it hotter.  Just do a simple check.  Pull out your plug and glow it with both and see which one is brighter.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 7:37am

for starters, i did work in IT and that involved alot of wireless technology at queensland university of technology, but get me into mechanics or voltages n stuff like that and then im stumped, howcome a 1.2 volt glows hotter than the 1.5? im using a standard AA battery now. what are the glow plugs designed to work on?

im not gonna be taking my car for a spin for awhile, i was in a car accident yesterday and i cant bend or drive.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:31pm

Not good m8, hope ya not to bashed up ,   get well soon!

smiley

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:35pm

I hope ya dont look like this      maybe i should sell ya my fusion, lol you'd be able to swap stories .

smiley

2_phat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_phat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:05pm
Sorry to hear!! Hopefully you recover speedily an be back out burnin nitro

Edited by 2_phat
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:05am

i'll be alrite in time, goin to physio acouple times a week, also goin to see a persional injury lawyer next week.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:01am
Yep hope you are back burning nitro soon....with that high gear
Sinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:33pm
I have had my glow plug in as new condition for over 2 years now. I just need an engine to put it in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic