www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rossi Pixy .12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymondkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rossi Pixy .12
    Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:51pm

I am thinking about getting an R12 with Rossi Pixy engine, does anyone know if a pullstart is available for the pixy ? I don't want to have to buy a starter box.

Raymond

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 10:21pm
No, basically, im sure some one could mod it but since its a race bread engine no one uses pull starts
raymondkerr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymondkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 10:40pm

thanks for that.

I am just getting into nitro touring, after running electric for a couple of years and I am considering the R12 standard spec, and Modelsport are doing it with a rossi pixy .12 engine at a good price, do you know of any good sources on the web for info on the Fusion R12 car ?  I have checked racechat, but nothing much on there at the moment.

Raymond

y33trek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y33trek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 11:45pm

The best person to speak to is Andy Wallis at Phil Booth Models, he helped in the development of the R12 and raced it with great sucess.

He is very helpful, and always has time to talk to you even at meetings, he helped me with the set up on mine.

I have the pixy engine its excellent and very easy to tune.

Hope this helps.

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 12:09pm

I have the r12 and did have it with the rossi engine but i got rid of that now, yeh speak to andy at phill booth models nottingham hes always helpful, and theres this site too with a nice review

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/default.asp?cmd=view&art icleid=1015

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymondkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:51am
cheers guys for the info.

Raymond

kennydowuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennydowuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:08am
Hi, I saw the Modelsport  offer  too , but would it be worth paying the extra for the team spec kit or just  better to buy the standard one. Also are the spares common to the mission as  i currently ran them and an MI2  so have lots of spares so would like to be able to use at least some of them.

Edited by kennydowuk
y33trek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y33trek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:44pm

I would go for the team edition if you can afford it as it costs a lot more to upgrade the standard one. Believe me i know.

some of the M12 are common to the R12 but im not sure how many.

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:55pm
Well basically, the r12 is just adapted from the Mi 2 so part exchangeabitly is quite high, the team kit is good but if you have any bumps or scrapes it can be costly to replace with the alloy stuff again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymondkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:46pm
I checked with my lhs today who called schumacher direct, the 299 deal for the factory team includes the Novarossi Pixy .12 as standard now, the chassis used to cost 299 without engine, so it isn't really a special offer by Modelsport like they lead you to beleive.

Raymond.

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:00am
Its a rossi engine btw, and it is a offer by modelsport. No other modelshops are doing it with an engine included for those prices.
olev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Hawkeye Hawkeye wrote:

Well basically, the r12 is just adapted from the Mi 2 so part exchangeabitly is quite high, the team kit is good but if you have any bumps or scrapes it can be costly to replace with the alloy stuff again.
R12 is based on Mission, not Mi2. At least mine is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymondkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:05pm
Hawkeye,

I was told my schumacher direct, that the Rossi engine is now included in all R12 kits - well at least the team spec one anyway.  The R12 kit used to come without engine for 299 and I think some model shops will still be doing it at that price without engine, but schumacher said they now all should come with the pixy .12 engine as standard.

Raymond

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic