www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Receiver Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Receiver Controls
    Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:45pm
Hi there below is a picture hopefully of the controller i got with my fusion 21,I'm a bit confused with the throttle trim on the left hand side why is this used?Also i am aware of the break linkage but how do you actually engage the breaks using the controller?.Apologies for what might seem a dumb question but i am what you call a total novice many thanks for your patients and help Tom...

Edited by Thomas
col7104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col7104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:58pm

Pull back for the brake, push forward for the throttle, simple eh?

The trim is used to fine tune your setting, if youve set the linkages up properly you wont need it. Nitro racers have the trim all the way forward and set the linkage up so that when they pull the trim back it cuts the air to the engine thus stopping it.

Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:07am
Thanks Col7104 so in the pic the trim is all the way down i'm to push it forward all the way?I think i done this and i revved it's head off does that sound right?Cheers Tom...
Schuaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schuaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 3:12am
Set it in the middle and then adjust your linkage so that the throttle closes all the way but the brake doesn't drag.  Then if you need to make a slight correction in the future you can do so by moving the trim adjustment on the transmitter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic