www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brushless help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokey68dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brushless help
    Posted: 15 August 2004 at 1:45am
i need help with gearing my car it is a sst axis   (pro i think) it has a 87t sper gear and i am going to a novak 5800 brushless and i dont know what gear to run with it now i have a 27t stock motor with a 23t pinion my track is carpet has tight turns and 30-50 foot straghts any help thanks smokey
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 3:27am
wiv brushless motors u r only supposed to run a max of a 21 tooth pinion cuz of over gearing it
luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 5:11pm

depending on which stock motor it is then gear it 1-2 teeth lower for th brushless than the stock, unless it is a monster stock motor then you could start with the same gearing as you were running,

cossis- i take it you only mean for this track?

luke

John_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 7:35pm
i hope so because on my local outdoor track im running a 31 pinion and not going to slowly
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 2:16am

87t Spur ???

Or isnt it a Schuie 1 ?

smokey68dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokey68dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 3:07am
yes it is a 87t  and how do i find out my gear ratio? is there any under/over drive in the cars belt drive? if so what is the formula to find out the gear thanks smokey 
Ashdown604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by cossie cossie wrote:

wiv brushless motors u r only supposed to run a max of a 21 tooth pinion cuz of over gearing it

Where did you hear that? 21t for a Schuey is pretty low, and you can gear brushless higher than brushed motors.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 11:25pm
well if u go on the hacker international website they only reccomend a 18 tooth with the hacker 7t c40 and i read sum where that with the best hacker the max u should run is a 21 tooth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 11:08am

one of my friends has this same hacker brushless (C40) in his TC3 and i have used it in my car and i ran it on a tight inddor track and ran 25/88and the motor and esc came off warm,

cossie- there is no maxium pinion that you 'should' run with a motor because if you go by that then you wouldn't be able to use it outdoors,

luke

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 12:02pm

well he is rather stupid not paying attention not reading what the hacker brushless website says on gearing.        &nbs p; 

We like the to run this motor on the Long tracks, and High traction (Carpet) tracks. Be sure to set the Differential "Tight" like on the low turn Mod. motors. Typically the Pinion ranges from 16-20 PINION . We use the Timing mode 1, Frequency mode 1 and Current Limit -60amp for racing conditions. This system Catapults the car out of the corners to a very high Top speed. FOR Advanced Racer Only!!!

Edited by cossie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 8:27pm

but that doesn't take anything into account like spur gear size, internal ratio ect...

luke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 8:17pm

Yeah, the pinion size isn't the same for all cars.  For example, I use a 20t pinion for my mi2, on my local indoor track. My mate with a TC3 uses 25/ 26t pinion.

'Typically the Pinion ranges from 16-20 PINION'

It never says that's the highest you should go; it's just what most people use for racing (ie. getting the fastest time, not the fastest top speed). 

Edited by Ashdown604
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Ashdown604 Ashdown604 wrote:

My mate with a TC3 uses 25/ 26t pinion

and wot motor is ur m8 runnin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:40am

put it this way the Mi2 has a internal ratio of 1.8 and the tce has a internal ratio or 2.5 so if you work out the gearings then assuming ashdown has the 95t spur that comes with the kit the his overall ratio is  8.55  and the final ratio of the TC3 is roughly  8.1-7.6

so if the maths are done then there is not that much difference in the overall ratios but comletely different gearings

luke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:52pm

Core stock, same as me.  But my point is, we use the same motor on a different track, but we use pinions with a difference of 6 teeth, so a 16-20t pinion would work for some cars not others.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:57pm

Core stock, same as me.  But my point is, we use the same motor on a different track, but we use pinions with a difference of 6 teeth, so a 16-20t pinion would work for some cars not others.

THAT HAS NOTHING WOTSO EVA TO DO WIT A BRUSHLESS MOTOR THO HAS IT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 11:58am
bloody hell- a 20 tooth pinion might be too small a pinion for a C40 on some cars, but too big a pinion for other cars.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:00pm

but it shows that you have to run a large range of pinions for varing tracks and that you cannot run just from this(16) to this(20)or it will blow up or damage it.

luke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 2:29pm

smokey68dart doesn't have a hacker C40 anyway...

smokey68dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokey68dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 4:40am
that's right i have a novak ss 5800 and again dose  any one know what the sst axis internal gear ratio is? i have a 87sp and a 18pinion i have a team orion The edge RS rebuildable stock motor it is a 27 turn  thanks smokey 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic