www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mi4LP Transmission Upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mi4LP Transmission Upgrade?
    Posted: 23 January 2015 at 4:23pm
Afternoon All,

After a bit of a sabbatical I picked up the sticks again on Monday night, bit rusty but still TQ & Win at my local club!

Anyway, I was reminded of a few things I didn't like...

Mainly the front spool and C Blades, I see now that these systems have been revised using drive cups on the CX and newer chassis'

So my question is this: Can I buy the U3825 Spool and the G884 True CV Shafts to put straight into my Mi4LP and then run blade free?

Also, is the G868 Gear Diff a direct replacement for the standard Mi4LP Rear Ball Diff?

Cheers,

John
qcrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qcrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 11:03pm
Yes to the spool and SpecR driveshafts. For the gear diff you would also need the CX real cvd's. I've even ran them in my old Mi2EC. It took a little work to get them to fit with the sliders and the way the Mi2 bulkheads are. they will drop right in on your LP.  

Edited by qcrc - 25 January 2015 at 11:04pm
John Lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 1:48pm
Excellent, Thanks for that!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic