www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Werks racing clutch.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 11:10am

does it slap into the radio box blade?

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 12:41pm

The clutch wont fit in the fusion its to big heres a pic ......

O' well have to save it for a future project......

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 2:57pm
why wont it fit blade is it because u cant get the clutch bell onto it?
Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 3:17pm
Im thinking of getting one of these now, might have to mod the engine to get it on, dont know, does it fit the rossi ok ??
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 3:50pm
hey hawk if u look on the previous pictures u will see octavios clutch on what looks like a 12 engine since the mounts look like those of a 12. dont see why it should not and the clutch bell looks like that of an r12 too come to think of it that carb and bell and engine mounts resemble those of an r12
Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 3:53pm
I know lol, ill see 37 quid for one from my lhs
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by blade954 blade954 wrote:

The clutch wont fit in the fusion its to big heres a pic ......

O' well have to save it for a future project......

............Blade, rearrange your radio components you are a creative guy.

Edited by nitrohead5300
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 1:41am
Am going to have a look into it nitro....
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:57am
is it hitting your plastic gears?
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:35am
The clutch fits its only 3mm wider than the standard... The clutch bell with the high end pinion is to close to mesh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 2:17pm
 Possible solution would be to, elongate the engine mounting slots. Just extend the slots more towards the front of the chassis so you have room to adjust for gear mesh. You could use a small round file to do this. I had to do this to my original chassis when I used the high speed clutchbell to get proper gear mesh. I hope you don't have to rearrange radio components but I guess you won't know until you do it. Good Luck.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 3:11pm
I had to elongate the slots as well nitro for the high pinion... But with the werks clutch would have to go around 10mm which will then disturb the upper mount plate support near tyhe fuel tank and then would have to rearange the battery box...... Wanna keep things simple allready looking for another.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:24pm
Is there enough material on the mounting plate for you to relocate the support? Could you post a picture of  your chassis from a birds eye view, looking down on it?

Edited by nitrohead5300
otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:55pm

I mounted the SPM clutch in my R12 Team powered by a Rossi Axe X3 and The dimensions are the same that the original one.

In don't know if in the Fusion are the same or not, sorry I don't help us.

You have verified the dimensions of the spacer? I think that the fusion belt  are more wider that R12 one. Y the Team the belt are 4mm wider and the spacer can be from 4.5mm to 6.5 mm.

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 6:09pm
Isnt that a rossi pixy .12 looks like it
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 5:15pm
just to revisit this topic again, i bought an issue of radio race car international and it got a whole review on the clutch. i'll try and post pics of the review in the hope you can read them but if not i'll read it and give you all the low down
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 1:25am
Just as we are on the subject I've been talking to racers who use the clutch and got some interesting feed back use lock tite on all nuts on the clutch and uvery one that uses it recomended to mix and match different shoes .... like to carbon and two rulon some raved about it and some said they went back to the original clutch some also said they recomended that you persist with the clutch as you can get some great results with it.....
otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:21pm
I hope in next year schumacher surprises us with a new push type clutch
crazy geezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 11:39pm

gettin 1 of them babies

Edited by crazy geezer
crazy geezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 5:09pm
hey i just went on the werks racing site and the clutch is designed for 1/8 off-roades, will it fit an R12 and also carbon, rulon or teflon clutch shoes?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic