www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Werks racing clutch.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werks racing clutch.........
    Posted: 24 April 2005 at 3:36pm

Found these the other day and was wondering if any one has tryed to fit one of these to the TTr .21 or know of someone who has, I know they are offroad but just thourght it might be better in the fusion or even a XTR or Menace.

Let us know??

Werks Racing is pleased to introduce its’ new "Power Clutch" line of off-road clutches. One of the worlds first low cost adjustable clutches designed from the ground up specifically for the demanding 1/8th scale nitro off-road racing market.

The Werks Racing Power Clutch is a four shoe design which allows for the maximum possible amount of contact area between the clutch shoes & clutch bell. Because this is a truly adjustable clutch, it is possible to easily adjust the spring tension to change engagement point, their by minimizing the need as with traditional clutches to slip the clutch to improve acceleration. This reduces the tendency for the clutch shoes to develop excess heat and fade during long main events. This was often the case in the past when racers looking for the "extra edge" in performance with traditional clutches were using lightened shoes with heavy springs or even going as far as using aluminum clutch shoes.

Now with the new Werks Racing "Power Clutch" adjustable clutch if you want a later engagement point for more punch simply tighten the nut on the end of the clutch and you are done! Each clutch comes complete with a gold (soft), green (medium), and silver (hard) clutch spring which allows you to tailor the clutch to your racing conditions. Shoes are available in carbon, red rulon or Teflon materials.

SO WHICH MATERIAL SHOULD I GET???
The Carbon shoe has the moderate wear and is a common first choice, it has a linear throttle feel to it, with a moderate amount of grip.

Rulon on the other hand has higher wear, this is especially dependant on the amount of slip used. It does however have the most grip. Be aware, because of this, the clutch can feel like its getting heavy (engaging early), This is because of the increase in grip because of heat. Base your adjustment on a hot clutch, 1 minute. This is an excellent choice on a high traction tracks assuming you put the time in.

Teflon has the least grip with excellent wear, it is best suited on low traction conditions or for engines lacking bottom end. It allows the engine to spool up before the clutch locks.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:09am
hey blade can u explain to me how the gears and clutch works, i think my clutch might be damaged, but i gots no clue on how to tell.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:23pm
Not sure how the new one will work on the fusion clutch bell i sent them a e-mail to find out the dimentions they need to go into but no reply as yet.....
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:24am
i meant normal clutch =P, i dont know how its suppos to rotate and the like
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:45am
basically a clutch works by 2 springs inside attached to a whole centrufigal force mechanism so when it gets to a certain rpm they will start to push outwards and push the mechanism outwards griping onto the clutch casing makin the whole set of gears move in turn makin the car move......... i think lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 1:17am

hang on it's two shoes held together by an outer spring .when spun the shoes throw out,  in turn giving you drive, just a small version of a wipper snipper !

smiley

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 1:21am

oh just remember not to run the engine without the clutch bell on .if you want to start the engine remove the spring and shoes first .

you can try it if you want, just have safety glasses on

smiley

otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:01pm

Firstly excuse me for my bad english

I have tested this type of clutch but manufactured by SPM Racing (Itally)

The only modification tha I need to make is a 6mm alloy spacer between the flywheel and the motor bearing.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:04pm
Did it have to be tight on the shaft (spacer) or did you make it loose..... Di you find the clutch better !!
otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 3:37pm

The spacer has the internal diameter internal equal to the diameter of the crancksafth and has 6 mm long to allow the the 4mm belt pass between the flywheel and the motor.

The biggest benefit that I obtains is the capacity to regulate the  moment in the one the clutch engage.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:01am
Cheers Octavio....
otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:54am

Picture of the mounted push clutch.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:36am

Seriously sensational I have 1 on order much appeacied again Octavio...

Now i take it thats a .21 .... Any chance of a pic of the spacer you made to go on the back.....

Edited by blade954
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 1:06pm
hey blade tell us how good that clutch is mate. by the way how much you pay for it and do ya fink its better than a centax racing clutch. they are about £80 in the UK for a decent centax
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 1:20pm
Those werks clutches are around  $115.00 AUS pani
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 2:22pm
hmm converts to £47 so import from lhs, tax etc etc could pick one up for around £60. let us know what ya fink
otraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 2:41pm

I have paid 50€ in a model store in my country. But in the web page of the SPM Racing Products you can find the clutch at 40€

Th reference are SPM108A http://www.spmracingparts.com/dettaglio.asp?id_prodotto=74&a mp;prodotto=yes

http://www.spmracingparts.com/listino.asp?nPagina=2&cmbc ategoria=FRIZIONI%20E%20PIGNONI%20SPM&cercaprodotti =

Edited by otraver
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 4:05pm
40EUR is about £27!!. just hope its one of those worth ur cash and not a gimick cos it certainly looks cool but i'm interested in what it does
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:11pm

the clutch arrived today so if i have time over the weekend and my spacer is ready i might try it out (trying to save it for the next power plant) hope it works as good as it look's....

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 5:13pm
let us know how ya get on blade and whether its a snug fit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic