www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZAPPING NiMH Batteries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaphod_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZAPPING NiMH Batteries
    Posted: 10 April 2005 at 11:41pm

Hi guys ('n' gals)!

(Copy of 1st post which was unanswered)

I'm interested in zapping cells as I have heard that this can rejuvenate them as I have some 3000's that are only holding about 2400mAh charge.

How do you do this (or who can do it for you)

I have a Novak Equalising Tray and Pro-Peak Supernova 250S Charger.  I don't think I can zap cells with this equipment 

Bri

PS Have just bought a s/hand set of Panasonic 3000 NiMH's that only hold about 230mAh according to the SuperNova display (and confirmed by discharging in minutes on a Novak Smart Tray) so rejuvenating these would be a good idea.

Thoughts please!

luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:48am

zapping cells will only really give a improvement in voltage not run time, its a lot like magnet zapping with motors, once you do it the first time it isn't very long before you do it every couple of meetings.

if you still want to do it then you need a battery zapper to do it, you can buy them up for about 120 i think.

if those panasonic cells you are on about always only put in 200-300mah then you have plenty of duff cells in there or they are false peaking, to test this after it stops charging tell it to charge again, if it doesn't put any more mah into them then you will need to chuck them away as there isn't really anything you can do with them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic