www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bosscat Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarra87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bosscat Rebuild
    Posted: 30 August 2013 at 11:22am
Hi,

I've recently rebuild my Bosscat Works after rediscovering it in the loft.  I'd not used it since around 2002 when I used to race it but replaced it with an Axis 2 as parts were becoming harder to get.

I've rebuild both the diffs and have new belts and everything performs pretty well but the motor has seen better days.  I replaced the brushes but it still doesn't feel fast.  I'm looking to put in an Ezrun 9T brushless motor from ebay as its pretty cheap and should be faster than my old 14T brushed motor.  It's only going to be for a bit of fun so not going to be racing or anything.  I've read Kaszal's Procat build about his car but wondering if anyone has any upgrades to do before using a brushless?  

Will it work ok on my Nimh batteries?

The only tired part on the car is the slipper pad, any ideas where to get a new one?  Can you trim down a modern slipper pad to fit?

Thanks
zeb44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 7:46pm
The Bosscat should Behave fine with a 9T.
Check the rear belts tension regularly.
I raced mine with A 10.5 SP V3, it was a real pleasure...
dbarra87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarra87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 4:42pm
Thanks for the reply, just what I wanted to hear!  Did you run it with Ni-mh batteries or upgrade those to LiPo?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic