www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schumacher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schumacher
    Posted: 21 August 2013 at 1:06pm
Hi 

I am new to the forums so please be patient with me. I have recently acquired a Schumacher Wildcat Touring car. It is a Ford Mondeo and Never been used (shelf Queen).
I am wanting to know what original running gear they had e.g. Servos and radio gear and what price they could fetch in this condition. Any answers will be much appreciated. Thanks P.S Why can i not upload a pic.     

IamSerious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Jaffa Jaffa wrote:

Hi 

I am new to the forums so please be patient with me.

Welcome aboard!

I have recently acquired a Schumacher Wildcat Touring car. It is a Ford Mondeo and Never been used (shelf Queen).
I am wanting to know what original running gear they had e.g. Servos and radio gear ...

They are an interesting but very basic piece of kit, the Wildcat Touring. I have had quite a few over the years, and still have a fair bit of new in pack spare parts. The touring was a bit less popular than the similar but shorter-chassis Vyper / Mini version, which was seen as more fun as it was built to wheelie!

As a kit, they were designed to fit any standard hobby-grade servos and radio gear, and included a mechanical speed control to keep things cheap - I have instructions in .pdf form which detail the installation of radio gear, so if you need them PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them through.

...and what price they could fetch in this condition. Any answers will be much appreciated.

Price is dependent on what someone will pay.... they don't change hands very often, and even when they do, don't seem to be very valued. Case in point, I sold one the same condition as you, new built unpainted, but from memory the Alfa 156 version, for the equivalent at the time of about 40 pounds.... just could not find a buyer for any more! Disregard the sellers trying to sell them for 200 - 300 Euros New In Box on eBay as well..... they've been up for years, and will be still up for years more.

P.S Why can i not upload a pic. 

Can't help you with that one.... maybe check your file size and picture size?

Alex

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic