www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cougar SVR Slipper Cluch...HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James_SVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cougar SVR Slipper Cluch...HELP
    Posted: 03 August 2013 at 2:08pm
Please could someone help me?

I have recently bought a Cougar SVR and it is fantastic. I am having issues setting up the slipper clutch. No matter how I try tightening loosening etc it still slips way too much. I am sure it's something I have done wrong but can't for the life of me figure out what it is?!?

Has anyone had the same issue or any ideas how to fix?

Many thanks

James
James_SVR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James_SVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 5:28pm
I've figured it out. If anyone else is having similar issues then you need to tighten the diff and loosen the slipper clutch.

The manual says to tighten the diff so that the disc springs are flat and undo 90 degrees. I found this too loose so went with 45 degrees and seems to have done the trick.I have also loosened the slipper clutch to compensate. It only took several hours to work out, good job I don't do this for a living

Hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic