www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manic 36 start-up probs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manic 36 start-up probs
    Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:31pm

Hi guys,
Got a manic 36 twin but have a few probs with it and wonder if anyone on here can help.
The main prob I have is that when I go to start it I have problems. I prime it up (use roto start and cover exhaust for 5-10 secs) and then I put glow starts in and try to start it up but it either takes ages and many goes at starting it or I give up coz the roto start motor gets hot. I’m not sure what is going wrong! I have tested the glow plugs and they light up but I do notice that when I take out that I don’t see any fuel in the whole. Am I meant to? Also I don’t know if I may need to replace the glow plugs and seal as I don’t think they have been changed since car was brought.

If anyone can help, that would be great!
Marty31

Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:02pm
Ive owned a manic now for over 3 years.

As a precaution, remove the gloplugs, are they the original ones supplied with the car by schumacher? I had nothing but problems with the originals so i replaced them with a pair of OS No.8's. same lmugs for for over 3 years and still runs perfect.

Return the carb settings to factory settings HS needle 3 turns from closed, LS needle, 1.5mm in from flush and 1mm for the idle screw.

Fire it up. If your still having problems drawing fuel there may be an airleak somewhere. This will require taking the backplates off and i personally use a high temp silicone sealant.   &
marty31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:08pm
thanks for the reply! yer i think they are orginal ones. just ordered a couple of the OS no.8's and will rest the carb when i get them. cheers for your help and i will let you know how i get on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic