www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > SupaStox GT12 Circuit & Oval
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schumacher SupaStox steering servo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboyw20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schumacher SupaStox steering servo
    Posted: 18 April 2013 at 9:43am
Hi,

Build coming on well now but I have a little problem with the steering servo. I have fitted a Savox 1251mg and found that on the servo mounts its not quite in the middle so the output shaft is sitting off centre in the cutout, hence to get it to fit the steering rods are going to end up different lengths by a couple of mm.
Now what are people's thought's on this and also what people's thought's on the best servo I could fit for the job in hand. ?

I would like to stick with savox and the 1258tg spec looks ok. but I can't find dimensions on output shaft position, any idea's the 1251 which I thought was going to be the best option is a different overall size slightly.

Confused again... :-( 

CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 1:40pm
The 1251 is a bit overgunned for a Supastox, not that it's a bad choice, it's just that a 12th scale sized servo would be a better overall solution.

I use the Savox SH-1250MG in mine. It's a great little servo and you'll save about 15-20gm in weight over a standard size servo. You would need to order some 12th sized servo mounts though, i use CRC laydown mounts with mine. And you don't need to drill new holes, they are already there :)

As for the output shaft question.. mine is off by about 1mm, and i don't worry about it too much. If it was really concerning you, you could enlarge the mount holes to give the servo a bit more wiggle room to get it right in the centre.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic