www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cat 2000 se steering yokes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darroldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat 2000 se steering yokes
    Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:15pm
I am looking for steering yokes for a CAT 2000 se U1478R. or does anyone know of an alternative.

Typpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Typpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 4:35am
Hello,

The following link for the CAT '98 exploded diagram which shares most of the same parts should be helpful.

http://rcdocuments.com/documents/Schumacher_Cat_98_Exploded_View.pdf

Since www.racing-cars.com does not have any in stock and beyond the typical eBay recommendation, the following link for Acorn hobbies in New Zealand has both U1478 (0 degree) and U1532 (5 degree).

http://www.acornmodels.co.nz/products/radio-control-cars-spares/schumacher-r,c-spares/

As for the purple alloy version (perhaps U2290), I do not have any suggestions.

Darroldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darroldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 2:05pm
Thanks for your reply Typpo.
I went on to Acorn Models yesterday at work and I saw them in the parts list and thought cool, I will order them when I get home. I got home and could not get on to their website untill midnight. They must of been updating the parts list because it is no longer available and does'nt appear in their part number search.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:19pm
If i remember correctly i substituted mine for Menace yokes. Just looked, and Schumacher have them in stock. They do look very similar : http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Cars_and_Parts/Menace_4x4x21/U2689.html
Typpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Typpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:16am
Darroldo,

I sent you a PM.  Also, that is unfortunate.  I encountered similar problems when first attempting to place an order. Initially it put me off until I eventually gave them a try.  I did receive what I ordered and they were helpful via e-mail.

CAT3K2/Darroldo

When comparing the exploded diagrams (shown at links below) for the CAT '98 and the Menace, it is not clear that the two parts are directly interchangeable.  Did you have to swap any other parts? For example, are U851 and U1486 the same diameter as U2664?  Also, judging by the pictures, are the holes to center U1479 (CAT '98) and U2692 (Menace) the same distance from the hole for U1440?  

http://rcdocuments.com/documents/Schumacher_Cat_98_Exploded_View.pdf
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Technical_info/Schumacher/Old%20Cars/Menace%2021/Exploded%20Diagram/explodedmenace.pdf

Thank you for your help.
nmorgan976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 7:58am
Hi,
I race cat3000's and the Cat3000 uses the same part.
I've got quite a few parts that have been used. Are you after nip or would 2nd hand do?

Regards,

Nick Morgan
Darroldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darroldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 10:55pm
Hi guy's,

Thanks for all your help.
Thanks for the PM Typpo, i have emailed them and I am still waiting to hear back.

Nick, 2nd hand would do. I dont mind whatever is available.

CAT3K2, Thanks for that, the Menace yoke looks like it would fit even if angle's are slighlty off etc. That gives me encouragement to try stuff to keep the CAT running.

thanks

Darrol

Darroldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darroldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 11:03pm
Hi Guy's,

I feel like a PLUG. I've got a CAT EC not a CAT SE as I had posted earlier. Thank god most of the parts are the same. What makes me more of a dumbass is it states it clearly on the box and instructions. I have instructions if anyone would like a copy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic