www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > SupaStox GT12 Circuit & Oval
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supastock gearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboyw20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supastock gearing
    Posted: 14 April 2013 at 10:58pm

Hi,

I'm still very confused about what gearing to run in my new superstock i'm just about to build. I just need to get a pinion but i'm not the wiser what to use. I'm very interested to hear what other people are using and what you would advise.

I will want to get into circuit racing, its a one cell lipo version with the 13.5t core rc motor pack.

Am I right in thinking that the kit spur gear is 46t 32dp? Should I used this spur gear and if so what size pinion?

I have bought a Diff for it which has come with a 70t 48dp spur gear, should I use this size and with what pinion? ( I have been told this is the gear to use but don't have a clue about what size pinion :-( )

Can anyone point out which would be best to go for and explain why, 32dp or 48 dp? Or what applications the two different sizes are best suited to?

Thank you in advance from mr confused!!

Dave_Hall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 8:11am
Hi,

I would use the 48dp as you can make finer adjustments to the gearing and would definitely recommend running with the diff.

For gearing I would start with a 32 tooth pinion on the 70t spur.  I would also get some pinions either side of this as the best gearing will depend on track length, how tight the track layout is and then variables on the car such as tyre diameter and motor.

The 32 pinion is a good starting point, get a few runs in and then experiment by going up and down with the gearing to find the best for the track and car.

Hope this helps,
Dave
flyboyw20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboyw20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 7:49am
Thank you very much and just what I needed to hear :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic