www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie with an Sx3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sx3Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie with an Sx3
    Posted: 12 December 2012 at 2:56pm
Hey folks just purchased an SX3 for my son for his xmas box...... it has been over twenty years since i raced and i am new to brushless and LiPo...... last i remembered was you were sorted if you had a matched set of batteries circa 1700 SCRC  and a nice 19 double or something similar....

well back to the point, the car came and i purchased a motor / speedo from Hobbyking just to get the youngun started...   i went for a 10.5T sensored motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23361  and a Turnigy trackstar speedo (what ever happened to Tekin ?) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=27211

i have do doubt purchased dog muck motor and speedo but thats life i guess.

what pinion is best to go with the stock spur gear on the SX3 with this motor config ? there is a local club to me and they run on a pollished floor, however i have no doubt i will have to stick some of my old cat cut spikes on the wheels for him to play outside on xmas day. (on a side note its bad form that Schumacher dont supply any tyres at all with this car)

can anyone help ?  I had emailed Schumacher last week but got nothing back.
juergen_jl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juergen_jl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 7:09pm
The gearing is no longer that critical as it has been in the "bad old brushed" times. I am using a 21 tooth pinion with my 10,5 LRP stock speck. For our indoor track this is fast enough and allows me a quick acceleration. Topspeed is not a huge demand. If you want more topspeed go for a 23-24.

I am really happy, that there are no longer tyres added. Why should i pay for tyres I will never use? there is absolutely no track for the mini spike....
Sx3Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sx3Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 9:10pm
Used them on the grass circuits at my old club :-) are the spurs .48 pitch ?
Sx3Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sx3Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 9:14pm
Hey folks managed to get the car built up, can anyone tell me how to set the diffs up properly ! I seem to be able to spin the rear diff with ease but the front one is tight.... I don't want to over tighten anything.... Should I bias the diff tensions etc and if so what config are folk using ?   Cheers again for any help
Sx3Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sx3Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 5:54pm
Anyone able to help ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic