www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fusion 28 Engine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fusion 28 Engine?
    Posted: 04 December 2012 at 9:37pm
Hi guys. Has anyone, ever tried to put the Fusion Picco28 into a Havoc? Reason I'm asking, is I have the opportunity to buy one on the cheap so to speak, and my Havoc engine won't last forever. So when the time comes to get another engine, potentially I could save some dollar if it can be done. Any takers?
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:24pm
Yes it should fit without problem...you may need different mounts.
Is it a new engine and how cheap is cheap?
Moonwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 7:43pm
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. The engine in question, has only had about half a gallon through it. I know that, as I ran it in for the guy, and he only ran it a few times after that. Unfortunately, he didn't realise how fast it was, and pranged it. Ouch  He'd only really had toy ones before, and wasn't experienced enough to drive it. He lost all interest after that, as the repairs were going to take a while to do because of his finances. I bought it off him for £35 which included the car and radio. Embarrassed
Some of the bits will fit my Menace, and that was when I thought about the engine fitting the Havoc. 
Sorry for being a bit lame, but will the mounts its on already, not fit?  I would have thought, that some engines in the Schumacher range would have the same mounts?
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 5:24pm

That is daylight robbery. Tongue So often new people think they need a fast car but when it comes down to it...they do not.

I would think the (Fusion) mounts will fit your chassis, case of suck it and see....maybe the engine will fit the Havoc mounts but I have something telling me the ThunderTiger engine has different bolt hole spacing.
I would bolt the Picco in and keep the ThunderTiger as spare..the Picco is a far better engine.
Moonwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 8:49pm
Yeah it was a bit cheeky, but hey, that's life. Evil Smile  Well the good news is I own a Fusion anyway, so I have a donor for spares, and a cracking engine for the Havoc. Must admit it's a win win situationLOL

Thanks for the info on the mounts. I'll definitely be fitting that Picco, as I think it's an awsome engine. It'll be interesting to see what it sounds like through the twin exhaust LOL  
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:26pm

I am not familiar with the Havoc...but a tuned pipe would perform far better if you can get it to fit. Anyways..good luck with it...and post some pictures up when it is in there. :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic