www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

manic 36 steering problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: manic 36 steering problems
    Posted: 10 October 2012 at 4:55pm
have recently brought a manic 36 second hand and been having alot of fun with it. i took it out today on a flat field for about 10 15 mins. i then went home and when i got home i was going to run it a bit more but once i started it up and went to steer it it wouldnt. when i twist the wheel on the remote there is no turning movement. the break and accellarate work fine but just steering. any help?
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 5:41pm
Is the servo working?
If it is not you need to determine if the servo is at fault or if it is the reciever/transmitter. You can check the servo by switching the servo wires on the reciever..so the steering (on the controller) will now work the throttle.
If you find the servo now works then you will need another transmitter or reciever to find which has the fault....my money would be on the reciever if it is not the servo.
Oh and do not forget to check for the basics...everything pluged in and no trapped/chaffed/cut wires.
marty31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 5:56pm

Hay thanks for your reply. I have fixed it. I contacted the person who I brought it from and they said that it would more than likely be that the batteries in the car would need charging. So I got some others to test and it was just the batteries. Thanks for your help anyway and I will sure stay an active member of this forum.

Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:47pm
Ah, so the battery did not have enough power to actually move the servo...I will add that to my list of basics in the future. :)
I must ask if you have a failsafe fitted and if you do not then I recommend one. :)
Also a 6 volt battery pack will make the servos faster and more responsive if you are currently using 4 rechargable AA.
Good luck and have fun.
marty31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 6:02pm
hay not sure if i have a failsafe, what does it do? no i am currenlty running it on 4 AA's untill my rechargables be delivered. alothough in the future i might look at getting a 6 V battery pack im not currently as i now have to get a new roto set as one of the cogs inside it have snaped one of its teeth and i also need to get a new back plate for it also! i feel the preivous owner didnt treat the car that well. just another side question do you know if you can get some diffrent bodyshells for the mainc apart from the main one and a clear one. im looking for more of a monster truck look for it but not sure where to get shells that will fit my manic.
many thanks for the help and advice
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 11:06am
A failsafe will apply the brakes on the car should the radio signal be lost...they are cheap, alot cheaper than fixing a car after a runaway.
I recommend a 6v pack because rechargable AA are only 1.2v, so 4x1.2=4.8v making the servo slower and less powerful. Non rechargable AA are 1.5v each but it gets expensive to keep replacing them.
I can not help with the shell question but I would imagine there are shells available that would fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic