www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cat SX 2 pro CF help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk_in_oz_racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat SX 2 pro CF help
    Posted: 12 September 2012 at 2:00pm
 Hi there,

have just brought a Cat SX2 pro.....

Need to get some lipo's for it....Just a question

It says i can either get lipos with humps om the bottom that sit in the chassis.. or buy the flat bottomed lipo then mess about using super glue etc...

Any one know what are good lipos that fit with with the hump bottoms? and what size lipo

Am running a LRP SXX Stock Spec v.2/X-12 17.5T

Havent race since the 90's and SCR batts, all new to me now and setting up for my son to race..

Also what would be a good start  pinion size that come with the cat spur out of the box?

Cheers Guys!!
CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:33pm
The SX2 has a max lipo height of 24mm if i remember correctly. That rules out a number of the large capacity new lipos.

I used LRP Vtec 5300 40c lipos in mine, they have the lumps on the bottom to locate the cells. The Nosram 5300 is identical if you struggle to find the LRP version.

As for gearing, it depends on what motor you're going to use?

Paul.
uk_in_oz_racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk_in_oz_racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:12pm
Hi m8,  i just brought this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290719228087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic