www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone for parts??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone for parts??
    Posted: 14 June 2012 at 4:26pm
after 11 years off the rc nitro scene decided to make a come back, just bought second hand good condition menace 21, lets see how far shcumacher have come in 11 years, my last car was the XTR, It seems to have good reviews the menace? any suggestions? Was just wondering the best place for schumacher parts without costing the earth, thanks
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 7:58pm
Best place for Schumacher parts would probably be right here!  Modelsport UK always seems to have stock of most parts too.

I have a Menace and I love it.  It has unfortunately sat idle for a couple of years now though, it was my first nitro but probably not the most gentle learning curve... LOL

It's a good, fast stadium truck but the ground clearance makes it suitable for fields or dirt tracks like BMX tracks only; it doesn't have the clearance for really rough off-roading and it's a bit too fragile for jumping.  Alternatively you can stick slicks on it, drop the suspension a bit and you've got a fairly good tarmac racer.  Well, for a truck that is...
norm79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 11:54pm
thanks for the feedback paul m Smile
You wouldnt happen to know of any other body shells that fit the menace?
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 9:22pm
Any 1/10 scale truck really; have a look what's out there.  I tried an 1/8 scale Bounty Hunter body from a Savage and it's a fairly good fit, if a bit long.  Measure the existing shell and compare it against any others you can find.
norm79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 3:48pm
just took my menace out for its first burn, stripped 1st gear in 5 mins, gutted! quite a bit of smoke when pulling away initially, think it needs a bit of fine tuning struggled a bit on top end aswell,
Anyone got any tuning tips?? thanks
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 5:44pm
If you're stripping gears, your tuning probably isn't that far off the mark!  Have a read through the carb info and tuning guide which is "stickied" to the top of the nitro trucks forum for hints...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic