www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTr 3e Parts!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTr 3e Parts!
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:02pm
Has anyone found a supplier for XTr parts, Apex Models can't get hold of them and it means my trusty XTr is confined to the garage with a broken front suspension mount (the rose joint bit at the bottom of the strut)

I tried ringing Schumacher but went to answer phone.  Just wondered if anyone has had any luck?

I hope some people still use the forum, it seems awfully quiet in here now Confused

Thanks, 
Graham 
ericdarabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:11am
Shhh.... I'm trying to think....   
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 12:20pm
Have you tried this site Graham?  Surely between all the variants of the XTR, and Schumachers' use of common parts on different models you should be able to find something?  What about Google'ing the part number?
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:58pm
Yeh, Schumacher just says out of stock for the front suspension rose joints and the hex key for the e-start.  
You have to buy the full e-start assembly now rather than just replacing the bolt.  Very annoying!  Mind you, it must be a fairly common allen key...why didn't I think of that before, just buy the bolt from somewhere else, DOH!  

As for the plastic bits (U7928B) , I havn't tried googling them, but I tried ebay, Apex and this site and didn't find any.  Maybe it is just getting to the point where I need to flog that car because of a lack of parks ;-(
IamSerious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by GBDUO GBDUO wrote:

Yeh, Schumacher just says out of stock for the front suspension rose joints and the hex key for the e-start.  
You have to buy the full e-start assembly now rather than just replacing the bolt.  Very annoying!  Mind you, it must be a fairly common allen key...why didn't I think of that before, just buy the bolt from somewhere else, DOH!  

As for the plastic bits (U7928B) , I havn't tried googling them, but I tried ebay, Apex and this site and didn't find any.  Maybe it is just getting to the point where I need to flog that car because of a lack of parks ;-(

That would be U728B, I take it..... LOL

The parts are not unavailable, you just sometimes have to find other sources.... like sway bar kits for Cougars and the like, which usually contain two or four of the rose joints....

Or, you could just find a guy with a heap of parts.... like me....

I'll have a look over the next couple of days when I get the chance...

Alex
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:40am
Oh **** really...maybe I have been using the wrong part number all this time!  

Cheers Alex, let me know if you find anything!!

Graham 
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:41am
Jesus christ, just searched U728 and up they pop on this website, grrr!  I am such an idiot!!!!

Cheers guys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:17am
Damn, that felt like a sale... Ouch

Just have to focus on the 3-speeds, TT transmissions, and alloy diff outputs instead.

Oh well.

Alex
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:07pm
Whatcha got?  

I'm always up for a deal!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:26am
Originally posted by GBDUO GBDUO wrote:

Whatcha got?  

I'm always up for a deal!!

As good a place to start as any.... lol...

Alex
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:00pm
Quite a bit then!  Don't need any of those bits at the moment, but I have bookmarked the page so when I do, I know where I am coming to first!

Cheers Alex, 

Graham 
maxmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 5:47pm
the part number is U728 not u728b, just leave the B out i know i have just got some from schumacher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic