www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vintae schumachers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vintae schumachers
    Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:06pm
I've posted these elsewhere, but I'm trying to re-model the CAT XLS, Procat, Bosscat and CAT3000 (started with this model).

I bought some cars (3 cat 3000's) from ebay and have never build a car from scratch and have found this to be an invaluable exercise in getting to know the CAT 3000 and virtually take it apart and then put it back together.

Would love to try getting some parts that you can't buy any more rapid protoyped by using 3D printing techniques to rebuild one of my cars.

Here's some of the work so far:

Still got loads to do!

Regards,

Nick
nmorgan976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:21pm
oops, what a poor attempt at a first post! Can't spell in the title and the images didn't attach to the post.

Here's an attempt at the CAD images again: -

Nick
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:57pm
Found some later shots.

This was the day before I took delivery of some T055's which meant that I could get al the front DIff housings dimensions and model them correctly.

Nick
kaszal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaszal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:23am
Excellent work, very interesting... can you post bigger photos for us please?
jay996rs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay996rs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:29pm
I second that please bigger pics , good stuff

cheers jay
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:46pm
Hi,

I am going to try to upload some larger images.... ( i had an issue with photobucket not uploading the full image).

Here's the CAT XLS:

Another view:

Another one:

I have been working on the Procat as well: -

Here's the Cat3000: -

Hope this works.

Regards,

terminator_2

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:37pm
Latest pic's of the CAT XLS.

Coming along slowly now..... Need to do some more measuring!

I still can't get the top plate to sit correctly on the inner transmission housing.

Pro cat is coming along too...

Got to measure the rear wishbones, the rear hub carrier has been modelled by guesswork and pictures from the manual.

t2
kaszal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaszal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 6:44am
Those are really impressive, you should put them in your portfolio if applying for engineering jobs.

Do you have access to CNC machining to make alloy parts like the Bosscat rear wishbone brackets U838H or Procat front trans housing U608E?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:20pm

some of our suppliiers may have cnc capability, but we are an assembly plant. May be i should ask some suppliers.
Bosscat is the next car to be modelled.
I think i've worked out how the top plate sits. I had a go at the cat xls bumper today.

regards,

Nick.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:03pm
cat xls update.....

I've nearly done most of the parts, just go to master the wheels, getting "CAT" on the bumper and put the o-rings etc inside the shock absorbers.

Pro cat is coming along and I have started on the Bosscat.

Regards,

T2
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:46pm
virtually there!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:16pm
More progress, but have had a busy week.

Cat XLS first:
I can't get the spikes right on the tyres and therefore I have left them off. Will have to have a think how to do them.

Then the Pro Cat:

Still got loads of measuring to do, but now at least I have got the correct bumper from a Procat.
I've got two Pro CATs (real not virtual) in build at the moment and both have different suspension configurations. Have now got a ProCAT manual and will do the virtual model to the manual.

Regards,

T2.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2012 at 9:34pm
If you would like to try the 3d models for yourself, then they are available here: -

you will have to accept an install of the software (from dassault systemes) and then there will be a long wait while you download the model from my server.

Hope you like them!

Regards T2.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 9:26pm

link broken..... getting a new domain name set up. i'll fix the link asap.
regards
T2.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:43pm
I've managed to get some work done on the PROCAT and I have started the BOSSCAT, which has been uploaded to my website.

emjoy!

T2
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 11:02am
Had a brain wave on how to put the spikes on the tyres. I haven't got the spike distribution right yet, but it's better than having slicks.
I've revamped the web site and uploaded the latest versions of the CAT XLS, PROCAT and the CAT3000.
I had fixed the Schumacher CAT XLS bottom plate (using the saddle pack version) but it crashed and did not save.... another job to do!

Hope you like them and maybe find them useful?

When were 2.2" tyres and wheels implemented on the Schumacher range of cars?

I got some more BOSSCAT parts through the post today so I can start some measuring.
regards,

T2.
zeb44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 7:56pm
Hi, I'd say something between 1992 and 1993.
I don't remember if the first bosscats had 2.2 wheels.
Procat was in 1.9, bosscat Works was in 2.2.

Nice job.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 8:28pm

Thanks for the info Zeb44.

I've uploaded a more recent version of the BOSSCAT to my website. It's coming together now, but I've still got to model the Front suspension uprights and get the rear hub carriers modelled.
As you may see, i've still got some measuring to be done.
Have been busy doing a Scout camp and a Beaver sleepover the past two weekends and therefore had little time to do some measuring. Also my Windows Home server decided to eat a hard disk aswell... doh!

Regards,

T2
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:52pm
Upated models for BOSSCAT and the PROCAT.

BOSSCAT, have been busy getting the U1000's modelled correctly and then I started cracking on the front suspension uprights. I used the original model from the PROCAT and remodelled it into the shape and then added the extra strenghtening ribs etc. Oops, I just noticed that I brough the wrong version home. I saved a later version with both suspension uprights fitted. Will post tomorrow if I have time.
Now working on the front lower suspension arms.

PROCAT has had the steering servo mounts added, not much else really as I have been concentrating on the BOSSCAT. I'm thinking of doing the BOSSCAT and then the BOSSCAT Sport (which I've got).

Regards,

T2.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmorgan976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:29pm
i've updated the BOSSCAT, have modelled the front lower wishbones and have started the front bumper, the upper wishbone parts and the front hub carriers.

I got some more parts though the post today from ebay, so I can measure items without having to strip down my bosscat sport (with modifications - slipper clutch etc).

Regards,

T2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic