www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > SupaStox GT12 Circuit & Oval
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber tyres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber tyres
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:12pm
Just ordered a SupaStox but foams are terrible at my local club, so I need rubber tyres. Whats the options? If needs be, I'll glue some Sweep 25 Mini tyres over some foams to make caps, but I'd rather use dedicated stuff.

Or, work out a way of making hexes fit... LOL
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:08am

I don't know many track surfaces where foams would be worse than rubbers.  That is, unless you aren't allowed to use additive on the foams.

To get rubbers to fit you would really want to make some adapters up to allow m-chassis size wheels to fit the mardave style axles.  I would not recommend it personally though, having run pan cars on rubbers myself I found the performance to be terrible.  On an independent suspension car they are great but the limitations on the geometry with a floating pod pan car really don't suit rubbers at all.

Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:57pm
Dusty concrete. Tamiya M06's work, Tamiya F104's work, so RWD and pan-style works, just not foam tyres. Additive doesn't work as it just clogs up the tyre as soon as you put it down. Its rubbers or nothing.
Citizen01293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen01293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:52pm
I see where you are comming from I used to run my old mini around a polished dusty concrete floor even with rubber tires the grip was not great I did get best results by using foams but after putting them tire truer and cutting radial lines (like 2wd buggy front wheels) not the answer to your question but the best result I have had
Beale View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 1:51pm

A guy at our club managed to fit caster F18T wheels and tyres to his Mardave, don't know how but it sticks like **** on carpet and grip rolls

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic