www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > SupaStox GT12 Circuit & Oval
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Schumacher Supastox GT12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Schumacher Supastox GT12
    Posted: 11 April 2012 at 4:14pm
Well today we released info on a new car for us the Schumacher SupaStox GT12, and now we have a new forum to discuss it in!

LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:13pm

Very nice looking machine there.  I currently race a Mardave V12, this chassis clearly addresses some of the weaknesses present in the Mardave car.  Front upright bracing, alloy pod sides, A FOAM BUMPER, in fact the car looks to have been designed by a team who have raced a Mardave V12 and were looking to remove the weaknesses...  well done there.

Not saying the weaknesses can't be fixed by upgrading the Mardave, because they can.  You can't do it for £100 all in though that's for sure.  I think Schumacher will be successful with this car.  I particularly like the front end design, removing the sliding vertical pin which clearly will resist sliding when the front tyres are exerting side loads.  Looking forward to seeing it race.

LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:16pm

The only thing I don't like is the clear movement towards 'touring' style bodies.  I and many others hate these but especially with such a light chassis, having a low and lightweight body is very important if your competition also use them.  I don't think they should be allowed in the class.

Schumacher: Will there be a diff option coming out soon?

Edited by LongRat - 11 April 2012 at 5:25pm
marcusboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcusboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:29pm
The car looks great and I've been looking forward to finding out more about it.

The bodyshells came into my local modelshop a few weeks back and mine is all painted up and waiting for the car to put it on which I will get as soon as available.  

I understand that the car wont come with a diff.  I'm planning to run one of these in a new separate class on the same track as I run my Mi4 on.  Should be fun and will be interesting to run this as well as my Mi4 - will feel strange for the first few laps with each car !

Can you confirm the official release date please ?
CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:45pm
Fantastic, i'm looking forward to this. I've been racing Mardave over the winter for a few years now, and this is really what the class needs.Clap

I've just got to hope that the club clears it for use in the rules...  I want one regardless, but i think everyone is going to want to see one before they commit to a new set of rules.

trikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 12:08am
looks great! 2s version for me Wink
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:03am
Thanks for the comments guys, its certainly a car we have been designing and testing in the background for some time and we're very happy with all aspects of it.

There is certainly ability for a diff to be a possibility for the future.

Earliest release is the end of this month.
Yellow4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:50am
Any chance of a picture of the 2s Version? also if you buy a 1s version is it just a part change to the 2s version?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 3:03pm
Pics of the 2s version should be available soon.

There are quite a few different parts between the two.
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:34pm
Diff and Schumacher go together.  Really hope this essential upgrade comes out very soon after release.  The aftermarket will be standing by, impatiently.
evolve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evolve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 9:28am
looks very interesting!
it would be great if the car could be used with 2s "short" lipo. is there enough room in the 1s version?
owen86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owen86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 12:06pm
Here are a few pictures of 2 shells iv just painted ready for the new car to arrive:

Citizen01293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen01293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 9:22am
Cracking looking car mines on pre-order, my club will be allowing the 1s supastox to run with the Mardaves on our carpet circuit with 10.5 blinkey.

I know the Diff has been mentioned several times but with 10.5 + Circuit, its a must.

Great Job Schumacher

Chris Moore

Club Chairman

www.horshamrc.org

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 11:32am
More images added of the 6 cell/2s Saddle version

jonathan may View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathan may Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 1:21pm
does a 12th servo fit
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 7:42pm

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/images/SupaStox6_plan_1000.jpg

That looks like a standard car servo to me, so anything smaller would easily fit.

woko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 10:28am
Having built my car,last night i can confirm that a 12th servo will fit, infact there is a hole predrilled for it! most useful seen as space for radio is at a premium. very impressed with both the quality of the car and the ideas on show.
Citizen01293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen01293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:35pm
Built mine last night, it was an absolute pleasure to build and also I can confirm that a diff from another stock car fits with no problems at all.Smile
trikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:10pm
sweet spray job there owen86! rattle cans or air brush? anyone got pics off build with leccys installed please

Edited by trikz - 02 May 2012 at 8:11pm
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:17am

Originally posted by Citizen01293 Citizen01293 wrote:

Built mine last night, it was an absolute pleasure to build and also I can confirm that a diff from another stock car fits with no problems at all.Smile

Great info, thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic