www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help bad
    Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:10pm
Hi guys just before xmas i was offered the chance to buy a havoc which i did with out breaking the fella arm who was selling it as he only wanted £70 for it .
Well happy was i even though i knew i may have to replace a few bits , so first things first was to get it tuned properly as i had never had a nitro car before while being tuned i was tood there was a leak and it was down on compression ,so ordered a new piton ,con rod and liner while the head was off i replaced the washer between head and crank housing .
Struggled through the run in process to find it was cutting out after a little run because the fuel tank was not holding any pressure because of worn gasket ordered a new tank as i got sent the wrong o ring 2 times .
Next to go was the glow stater so new one of them , then managed to get to play  with it for a while before breaking 2 front wheels because the brakes failed in wet conditions .
Because of work did not have time for it for a month then when wheels turned up out i went i then broke the pull starter bought another one and that broke so thought sod it i will get a roto start back plate so i could use a small cordless drill , the new design back plate turned fitted it primed the engine within 6 turns the one way bearing in the back snapped in 2.
since that happened after getting it fixed i cannot get the thing to start it takes an age then all i get is that it goes flat out for about 5 seconds then stops checked for air leaks and cant find a thing wrong with it wondered if ant one else had the same problem     
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:22pm
Still sounds like an air leak.  The hard priming added to the high revs mean it can't be much else.  I had this with my Raptor until I reassembled the engine and made sure that the starter back plate and carb were sealed in with gasket sealant first.  The only other things it could be is the throttle stop screw for the idle on the carb being in too far, or another leak in your fuel tank or lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic