www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

schumacher rascal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bustermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: schumacher rascal
    Posted: 22 February 2012 at 9:51pm
I thought I would show you some pictures of my RASCAL.The wife has had a rascal for a few years and I love playing with it so much I bought one off ebay. The only thing I never liked was the schumacher wheel hex things, so I decided make my own 12mm conversion instead of buying the alloy adaptors that cost about $34.

I started off with 75mm nuts and bolts, some 10mm x 12mm tamiya hexes with crosses in them

I then painted the bottom white so I could see my pencil lines better and I cut into the TAMIYA hex.

With the new hexes on it has widened the track by 15mm front and rear, which I am pleased with so I dont over do it on the bearings.
Heres a pic with some 12mm hex wheels on it.I have cut the bolt length down

here it is with LOSI baja shell

I then decided to fit a twin exhaust which is off a. I turned the battery box 180 degrees cut down a RIOT manifold, turned it upside down and added the blue fuel hose with a cut down spring over it to stop it kinking.

Here it is with a cheap £2 bodyshell I got.

All in it has cost me about £5.

trilegs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trilegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 8:25pm
some good ideas there. 
and it looks good too. 

It does feel so much better when you solve problems with the Rascal and not spend silly money. 
I was lucky with the hex problem.  Got some of those alloy adaptors cheap on ebay. 
Brucepaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brucepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:58am

Really got the point.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic