www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fusion questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fusion questions
    Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:49am
I am throwing my Fusion .21 back together after a long time and can't find the pipe for it.  Does anyone know of a good upgrade pipe that will work with the stock header?  Also is there any good place to get parts at anymore in the US?  I can't seem to find anyplace that actually stocks fusion parts.  My last question is, has anyone ever put 1/8 scale tires on their fusion?  I just got a set of used ones coming to me, to see if I can make an adapter to get em to work.  Thanks

Brian
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:43am
Most of the Fusion parts can be found on this site.  Just look under the "old cars and parts" section.  You might be able to find some model shops that still import Schumacher parts; I think sourcing parts HAS got more difficult since Schumacher closed its USA HQ in Florida from what a lot of people have said.  If you want to run 1/8 wheels and tyres, I think you need to get the Wolfpack adapters (Wolfpack Radicals; he has a website if you want to Google it).  I'm pretty sure people have used them in the past to run Serpent wheels.
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:52am
These are the adapters:

This is what the Fusion looks like with the adapters, sporting Serpent rims:

Fusion 21 parts:

Edited by Paul M - 30 December 2011 at 1:54am
lucky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:48am
Thanks for the advice.  I've looked at all the parts on here, just wanted to find em in the states.  Guess I just gotta wait for em.  Although I didn't find a replacement pipe.  I'll try my LHS and see if I can get something to work.  I've already been talking to wolfgang a bit about the adapters.  I think I'm gonna try and make some first (I work as an automotive machinist and have a lathe and mill at my disposal).  If I can't figure something good out, then I will get the wolfpack ones.  Thanks
lucky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:49am
I did see that Amain hobbies has some schumacher stuff for the mi1 and mi4.  I'll see if any of those parts will transfer over.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 2:00pm
Hi bit late but it may help

Upgrading the fusion exhaust was a hard job Nitrohead found a exhaust that bolted on but i made a custom one out of a MGT MT pipe made by Fantom back when they made steel pipes..

Here it is compared to the very restrictive original..

The next one i modded i made longer and moved the clamp hold around the back

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic