www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COUGAR 2 WORKS BUILD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COUGAR 2 WORKS BUILD
    Posted: 23 November 2011 at 11:48pm

HI ALL,

Seeing the gorgeous NIB works on here has got me thinking there is hope to get mine finished,
I have managed to find a brand new :

Chassis and trans plates,
       Works diff with alloy outputs,
       Pro shocks,
       Works wishbones, hubs and bearings , 
       Alloy layshaft bearing holders, 
       Slipper,
       Roller shafts,
       Front shock mount.
       Ballraced steering

I am now stuck.Cry

Please can anyone help me,

I need a Rear shock mount,
              Battery holder
              Gear cover
              Wheels + tires
I have some goodies that I would be willing to trade, I have a set of roller driveshafts, and some really nice alloy diff eccentric bearing holders for a cat, I also have a TON of other cougar plastics if that helps anyone .
Oh and cash...I have some of that too!!

Please help..its driving me mad!!!Confused

CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 10:42pm
Well done on finding a new chassis, those things are rare Smile
As to what you are looking for.. is it only new parts you're after? I probably have most of those things, but maybe not all new.
smiffys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 8:17pm
Hey, yeah cheers I was lucky, cost me a pretty penny tho! I dont mind how good the shock mount and battery strap are, they can be restored pretty well, the gear case needs to be new or as good as possible really, same for the wheels.hope you can help
smiffys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 6:00pm
Hi all its been a while so I thought I'd post an update on my progress so far.
I managed to get a new lexan gear cover, I thought it got lost on route from Oz but it turned up after a month, worrying times for sure!
I'm going for the saddle pack batteries so I've stopped looking for the works strap. I had a couple of the saddle pack holders spare and they look pretty trick so they're going on.
I've restored both my shock mounts now, they have come up better than new so i'm pretty pleased with them.
I'm in two minds what to do about my shocks, I have a set of pro shocks with the alloy seal housings but I really like the big bore shocks from the new cougar. Would it be wrong to go away from original?
Where i'm really struggling is my diff eccentrics. I have two sets of alloy ones in mint condition, only problem is they are for the standard cougar/cat diff. I have it on good authority that alloy eccentrics are available for the pro diff but I can't find any any where. Does any one have a set that they would be willing to sell our trade? I've managed to get quite a few cool works bits whilst trying to build my holly grail, nearly enough for a full car, so if you have what I need, drop me a pm, maybe we can help each other.
pics to follow soon!
Pete.
JEROEN206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEROEN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 7:34pm
Hi Pete

U1249W Alloy eccentrics -23mm dif

This are the ones you looking for .
Succes with finding them.
smiffys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:05pm
Cheers! That's a start, now I just need a kind soul to tell me that they have a spare set that they would love to trade
CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:14pm
Hey Pete, i think the big bores might look a bit odd. I suppose it would be down to preference, but you'd probably have to make a spacer to stand them away from the towers or they might rub.

Another possibilty is maybe menace shocks, they're a nice purpley colour, the same size as the Cougar's, and would suit the works Big smile And you really need to send me a set of those "spare" alloy eccentics you have Wink

Paul.
smiffys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:31pm
Hmmm you could be right, maybe the race ones would be better,I think the menace ones are possibly a bit plain, I have seen the race ones on the "ultimate C2" belonging to jeroen and they look pretty sweet. I'll make my mind up eventually i'm sure. And yes of course I'll send you my spare eccentrics, how many sets would you like? I take it your are busy packing the ones I need right now?!
Pete
CAT3K2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT3K2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:45pm
Ahh, yeah, well i might not actually have a set of those Wink

Talking of ultimate Cougar 2 works, i've always wondered if there was an alloy inner gearbox housing available for it. There were a few versions available for the original cougar gearbox, but i've never seen one for the works.

Paul.
smiffys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiffys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 11:29pm
Ah hold the post, I had em wrapped n everything! Not sure about the inner housing, I think i've got enough on my plate trying to find the bits I know exist, never mind the rest!
I will get some pictures up soon, but at the moment its just a pile of bits. I'm ordering black hex head screws this week so as soon I have some assembly I'll take a few pics.

Chrissy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me resurecting this thread, but i just won a Works gearbox on the bay (minus gear cover) and i was wondering what the differences are to the original Cougar 2's.

Here's what (I think) i know...

The works had a pro diff, but didn't the Cougar 2 Race and Team have the same one? If not, what are the differences. Is this part backwards compatable?

Why would the works eccentrics not fit the earlier C2 models?

I seem to remember reading that the works gearbox is mounted differently than the other C2's to the chassis- is this right? If so what did the change accomplish?

Basically, from the purchase I wanted a spare diff, belt and slipper lashaft/plates for my C2 - i think that all these are compatible, if so i'll be happy :)

Cheers,
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic