www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CAT SX2 S1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharcyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAT SX2 S1
    Posted: 12 November 2011 at 1:12pm
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a few questions.

Are there any other front wishbone/A-arms I can use for my CAT? I live in Canada and have to order stuff directly from Shumacher. What could I mod to make work until the new stuff gets here?

I have read in other forums the Shumacher will send you alloy pivot blocks for free if your having a lot of trouble with the plastic ones, is this true? I know my kit is discontinued now but I honestly bought it about 6 weeks ago from A-Mainhobbies.

We are running indoor on carpet on a 40'X60' track. I'm running yellow mini pins with a few rows cut, stock set-up with hard springs front and back, 35wt shock oil all around, front one-way pulley, 10.5 motor, 14T pinion and stock spur. Any suggestions on set-up? Or does this sound about right?

Thanks for the help!

Sean.
Pharcyed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharcyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 10:26am
200+ views and no replies?
Bishrocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 4:10pm
Hello
I also have a sx2 but as far as i know, there are no other wishbones or arms made for this car.
Depending on where you live, here in Toronto I know of two shops that carry schuey stuff and they have all of the more popular replacement parts available in store.

The only suggestion that i might make is about you gearing, the pinion you are using is too small.  If you read the manual they say the minimum gearing is 99 and max is 108.  Which means that if you are using the stoc spur gear which is 83t, then the minimum pinion you should use is 16t and max 25t.  

Cheers!!

Bishop
Pharcyed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharcyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 9:52pm
Thanks Bishop. I live in Whitby. Which T.O. shop carry parts in stock? Check out DRCRC if you haven't yet, they have set up an indoor track in a hotel in Oshawa. They are going to to share a points series with Motor City if it ever gets up and running.
Bishrocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 1:25am
The two shops are in Mississauga and they are Galaxy Hobbies and Big Boys With Cool Toys.
Big Boys I know for sure they have a lot of the replacement parts because I just spoke with them today.

And no i haven't checked out DRCRC because I really don't travel out to the east end too often, I just try to stick to the tracks here in the west end.  But i'll check it out online.

I also heard a that there is going to be a track opening in the GTA very soon with a 6000 sq foot carpet track.  But for now the location is secret until it opens.  I'll keep you posted about that.  This is still not a sure thing so the guys really don't want to get hopes up, but it sounds like its going to happen.  Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic