www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPGRADED-CUSTOM CAR PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 6:46pm
im not going to bother upload pics of the finished car as theres clearly no interest
despite there being over 1400 views ?????????????? 1400 views and Only one comment ????
just feel like im talking to myself ...this forums dead
trikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 10:32pm
looking good! All the alloy should work with keeping her on ground Big smile how was engine after drilling opening?
big 6 moder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 7:12pm

yer there was a problem with it staying on the ground it needed more weight at the front

as the wheels would lift on corners no mater how u setup the shocks-camber but the alloy parts
are alot lighter than i thought they would be ...almost the same weight

I still havent started her up yet im hoping she a least startsLOL 
so i dont know what the drilling out of the carb and carb opening on the block has done

i also fitted a boost bottle on the block rather than on the carb because putting it there dose notting what so ever because u need to remove the screw that stops the carb slideing to far out

and attach the tube there -has no effect plus slider could pull rite out because the screw is gone so i drilled a hole in the block just under the carb and its just above the crank intake hole?

hopeing it boosts it ....also grinded the port sleve for better flow ---funny thing is if i do get alot more power i wont even know which mod boosted it LOLLOL

trikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 9:26pm
yeh u've got nipple in correct spot now, the length of tube to bottle makes a difference too, should do mods in stages LOL
when I use to ran big 6 i added lead weights behind bumper an on centre plate worked quite well.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 9:54pm

thanks for the info trikz..i dont suppose u know what would be the best length of tube to bottle short?-long? 

i drilled out the carb and block and was gona test it but then thought sod it and done everything i could with no testingEmbarrassedWacko so now to find out what done what i got to try it without the bottle then with a standed carb its gonna be a long process next time i will stick to stages LOL     

also wondering what kind of speed i will get with the  32tooth pinion

any advice to get more power is more than welcome           
trikz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 10:16pm
don't want too long a pipe, start with length from nipple to backplate, you have sealed carb neck to crankcase and back plate so no air leaks? 
can't remember what gearing ran but was quick when got traction LOL

rc speed calculator buit more aimed at leccys

heres a nitro one scroll down page 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:04pm
a BIG thanks to u trikz for reminding me to check for air leaks.

because i had a massive air leak at the back plate where one of the holes that hold the plate on wore away so i used a m4 size screw but it snaped off in there but thought it was ok because it looked sealed so i left it but after testing it clealy wasnt sealed i would have lost loads of power

need a new engine really as one of the crankcase mounts has also snaped off but there is no movement from the engine what so ever but rather than buy a new crankcase + piston and sleve

thought id buy a new engine soon somthing with 40.000rpm min think i will go for a arrow racing engine 40.000+rpm for £150  which seems to be the best price for a high rpm engine

unlike the novarossi flash engine which has almost the same rpm as the arrow just abit more rpm but cost £400+

traction was a problem from day one the standed tyres are rubbish ..when u floor it -it just dose dounuts LOL  so i got some venom tyres which are really sticky in fact there so gripy it might even
do wheelys on take off ordoe my gut feelings telling me it might also flip and roll if i do a sharp turn at speed? because of the grip dont think there will be any slideing or drifting?

and thanks for the web link for the calculator ordoe i dont know how many teeth are on the diff or spur inside the gear box so cant calculat it
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by big 6 moder big 6 moder wrote:

will upload pics of the finished car tomorrow or somthing ordoe to me it dosent look like its had about £450 spent on it and yes i know i could have bought 4 schumacher big 6s for that
and yes i know its classed as a vintige carLOL just bought a few parts every month changed every screw and nut for purple ones and titanium

new thunder tiger fuel tanks ,,venom tyres metal gear servos bla bla ..i sprayed the shell crome but when i lacerd it the colour changed to a primer grey so got some custom paint with holowgrapic flakes but they look abit like gliter to me lol

Have a look at the New Picco range there onroad is not badly priced and deliver the goods. Picco is renounced for there power.... we run a Picco Boost in our offroad buggy and are very impressed...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:17pm
thanks i will have a look at there website ..didnt they help build schumachers new 28 engine .finding it hard to find decent onroad engines just loads of buggy-truck ones which i beleave is more torque than rpm? but will defo checkout picco 

ive seen your wolf prodject on here blade good jobClapClap u doing anything else to the car or any new prodjects

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:03pm
FOR ANYONE READING THIS POST

if your wondering why the pics have been removed its because i removed them from the host
server that u need in order to post pics on here but didnt know by taking them off the host they would also be remove from this post.

plus cant remove the removed posts on here either lol -WHY is schumacher making people signup for host servers just to post pictures on here ? knowonder knowones posting pics . 

BUT thought id be one of the few that do so heres pics of the finished car ..the car looks darker in the pics and it was a pain to fit the 32 pinion... i filed down the engine mount so the gearbox could slide back more to fit the bigger pinion .

these picture wont be on here for long as i dont want to have an account with a host server that im never going to use it again

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:16pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:29pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:31pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:37pm
there probley is a way to upload pics without haveing to use a server but i cant find it because i cant find the file uploads/public on the pc
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:32pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:34pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:37pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:09am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:15am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big 6 moder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic