www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drop in Engine for Menace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drop in Engine for Menace
    Posted: 10 October 2011 at 2:46am
Ok, I broke my engine mount today when the truck slid under a fence. Is there something that is way faster and more powerful then the TT21, but thats also a direct drop in replacement with no modification?
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 7:54pm
I'd imagine most .21's are drop-in, but I've heard that buggy engines are pretty good upgrades; plenty of torque and revs, like a 7 port or something.  Either that or a proper racing engine.  Your choice really, I'd take a look and see what's out there at the moment...
jude26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 3:38am
I thought I heard that the way the thunder tiger is setup its a .21 but it has the size of an .18 engine. am i wrong?
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:14pm
Possibly.  I think the TT is a standard .21 case.  After all, the Menace accepts bigger blocks like the  .28's that some people (such as MaxD) have shoehorned in, have a look at the mods that have been done on here; the Menace 4x4x28 thread shouldn't be too hard to dig up.
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:35pm
I'm positive actually; Elven Wizard crammed an Axial .28 into one of his (many) Menaces.  I remember reading about it and seeing the picture recently in the thread he started.
jude26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 2:49pm
I ended up picking up another menace and just dropping that TT21 in. The compression is a bit low, but I still have the internal parts of the other one, so i will just swap it out.
MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Paul M Paul M wrote:

Possibly.  I think the TT is a standard .21 case.  After all, the Menace accepts bigger blocks like the  .28's that some people (such as MaxD) have shoehorned in, have a look at the mods that have been done on here; the Menace 4x4x28 thread shouldn't be too hard to dig up.

It wasn't shoehorned in... It went in very easily...., just with custom mounts!  :)

I'm still around, but haven't had a chance to get the Menace 28 out of its box for over 3yrs.   :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic