www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie needing help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie needing help
    Posted: 17 September 2011 at 6:20am
Hello,

I decided I wanted to get into RC cars, and my plan was to start off with a 'self build buggy' so I could learn the ins and outs of how they work.

When I mentioned this to my dad, he gave me his Nanda/Schumacher Raptor (0.27 he thinks), which had blown the piston and said all I needed to do was get a new engine. On closer inspection he realised there could be a few 'little' parts missing and told me to trawl the net to find a expanded drawing to check. I also thought this would be a good idea for a newbie wanting to learn.

I have spent many hours searching, but cant find one anywhere, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Bear in mind I am a complete noob at this and dont understand all the jargon (yet... I hope to change this)

Thankyou in advance.

Karl
KSP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 6:51am
Its ok now, found exploded view. Just need a new engine for it now.

Thanks
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 11:44pm
If you've got a V1 Raptor like mine, it will have a silver chassis, if it's a V2, it will have a purple chassis.  The Toki 27 engine was factory fitted to the V1, and I think the SH25 to the V2.  I yanked mine after a couple of months to replace it with a 32.  I might still have the old engine if you want to buy it, but I'd have to look whether I kept it.  I need to state at this point though that it has not been run for at least 5 years!  It was barely used, but unless I find it and strip it down, I don't know how good a condition it will be in.

There are other engines out there though; in no way do you have to go with a like-for-like replacement.  If you'd rather buy new, look at the range of engines available for the HPI Savage.  They are pretty much a drop-in.

Are you missing any other bits?

Edited by Paul M - 19 September 2011 at 11:46pm
KSP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:26am
Thanks for the advice mate.

Seems its the V1 then as it has the sliver chassis.

I have found all the other bits i needed and bought a new engine just to start off. I may upgrade later but as Im just getting into it I didnt want to shell out too much to start with. Just waiting on deliveries then I can get it setup.

Wheres the best place to got to learn how to set it up?
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 10:16pm
Your local club/track.  Failing that your LHS; there are usually helpful people in there who can advise you.
Your new engine is your best starting point though; factory settings are perfect for running-in.  Don't touch the needles until you have completed the advised run-in process, then you can follow the tuning guide here on the forum to start tuning for performance.
Sorry my reply is so late too; Schumacher's rubbish new forum has spent the last ten days telling me that I have insufficient access level to reply to you.
woshiniyeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woshiniyeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 9:27am
I honestly like this topic. Thank you.

Andyluce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyluce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 1:45am

I have learned much.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic