www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fusion 21 to 28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROSSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fusion 21 to 28
    Posted: 29 July 2011 at 11:15pm
Hi,
Im new to the forum but have had lots of schumacher cars in years gone by and thought id like a little project. So I recently got myself a fusion 21 from ebay This came without an engine and so i now have a thunder tiger pro .28 to fit. Is it possible to fit this fairly easily and what parts would I need... tuned pipe/ header etc oh and also how does the pinion setup differ from the .21 to the .28?

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Rosso
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 4:01am
Blade and Nitrohead are theguys you could ask.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 2:28pm
TTR .28 should shoe horn in there quiet easily i think from memory the .28TTr has the same bolt pattern as the .21 as for exhausts if you can find one a Fantom steel pipe for the MT will fit in but i know Nitro used a different brand and more easily accessible than the Fantom pipe which has not been made in years. The main problem you will encounter is clutch slippage from the .28 as the bottom end is quiet aggressive and if you troll through my thread and see the difference from the stock clutch to the Wolf clutch you will see where im coming from. You can fix the problem the other way in making the clutch grab earlier and giving you more grip but that is all trial and error. The TTr .28 can also be woken right up with the wave of a dremel and changing the timing and a few other thing but that is another kettle of fish again... Let us know how you get on would be good to see a few projects on the table again..  
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 6:32pm
Nice! I might someday buy a .21 again or a .28 for some top speeds records hehehe.
ROSSO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROSSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:18pm

Thanks. The parts ive had to use so far have been the original .21 header and also the orginal pipe too though I think I may have to shorten it at the joint end as the steering on full lock is rubbing. Ive fitted the fusion 28 engine mounts too as the ttr .28 unfortunately doesnt line up with the .21 mounts fitted.

One thing im not so sure is... the drivetrain, if i turn one of the rear wheels by hand the opposite wheel doesnt turn but if i turn one front wheel then the opposite front wheel turns though it is a little crunchy.... ive forgotton so much about these cars to be honest. Would this mean there maybe a problem with any of the diffs?

I shall try to post some pics of it soon 
ROSSO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROSSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:31pm

and as if by magic

z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 4:19pm
It seems you are set.   But yess they way you told about the diff,I'm not so sure though, but it looks like there's could be some slippage on the diff. To loose, try to tight the rear diff a little and see what happens. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic