www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schumacher Fusion R12 issues and fixes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:09pm
Lets start to install.

Here you install the 3mm spaces on your cranckshaft.

Later the engine cone.

Next the flywheel.

Later after that, put and screw the clutch nut. I suggest you do some trial an error with this before continuing the next steps.  Because for some unexplained reason, If put more shims or spacers, the clutch nut would not grip the flywheel, if I put less shims, the flywheel gets loose completely. After this try to install the engine an check for the passage of the MAIN BELT.  

Your engine should look something like this. It looks like it is rubbing but is not. I'll post some more pictures later.
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:16pm
Alright, once you finished your previews step. Put some tread lock on your crank shaft thread so the clutch nut could be very tight.

Then put the shoes.

Then the pressure plate.

The hard spring(silver).

The adjuster Nut.

You can start to adjust at least 1 thread expose, I'll explain later what happens.

Your bearing, you can use a 5x9x3.

Then your engine end cap.

The clutch bell.

The bearing flanged.

The engine screw with the washers. Put some a bit of thread lock just in case. I had some bad experience with this.

Alright this should be it.  Clutch complete.

Edited by z24_v6 - 02 August 2011 at 4:23pm
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 4:20pm
Ohh! one last thing. I had to put some washers on the engine mount, because the flywheel rubbed the floor when I run my car and chew the outer of the flywheel and a couple of times the engine stopped. But didn't happened that much just one or two. The R12 stock flywheel measures 34mm, the SPM flywheel measures 37mm. So it will rubbed the floor.

z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 1:37am
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 2:04am
Well, lets continue. Here's another pic how the Main Belt passes under the spacers from the engine.

Are we done and finished? uum Nope not yet!  You wonder on the previews posts that I made and says why you can't expose more than 1 thread on the clutch nut adjuster. Well because after some test drive this 3 this happens! Sorry, It was unexpected to me too. :confused: This 3 parts got damage by the great force of the SPM clutch(Centax wannabe) :lol:

1. The diff screw got torn apart in two pieces.
2. The 1st Speed One Way Hub just unglued it self from the hub case.
3. The Layshaft pulley internal pin got broke in two pieces.

And you ask your self. Will I keep going to deal with more problems that I had with this extinct dinosaur piece of crap? :flaming::cry: I'll just go away and use my newer model and all my problems are gone. :mad:

You know, you're right!  Well then go ahead and do it. :weird: Otherwise just stay a little bit because there always a solution for everything. :sneaky:

That's why Schumacher suspended this car.    :weird: The thing is... that I don't understand is why revive the M1 electric car if is the same old Mission from almost more than 10 years.  And is the same chassis as the R12, only with nitro engine. So it still lives, only with a different name.  And heard they have similar problems.

OK Z, focus, focus on the mission. :lol:

Solutions :

1. The rear Diff screw got torn apart when I was using the front Spool. I change it to front diff balls and and new diff screw and all went alright. Maybe using a titanium high tensile diff screw should do the trick. I'll check and test this later.

2. For the 1st Speed oneway hub. It just happened once, I used another one that I had and haven't had problems anymore. But with the damage one what I did is to put some epoxy glue on the hub case later put the oneway bearing in it. Later need to make some tests.

Just make sure to remove any remain epoxy glue on the back of the oneway hub. Otherwise the transmission will react funny.

3. OK this is tricky one. Had to replace the inner pin from the layshaft pulley for a big and stronger pin. Where's there's no sing of this part anyplace from the manual of the R12.  You just had to buy a whole new layshaft that cost you for about $30 for a broken pin and this part it's all gone, hard to find this sparepart. Well if you are one of those don't trash your layshaft here's the solution.

First, just remove the outer side fence of the pulley with a wrench.  And take the pin out.

Here is the whole separate layshaft with and old and new pin. And a drill inside the hole of the pulley.

This is the drill

The drill from another view

These are the pins.  If you see the left side it's the newer and stronger one. And right is the stock one. No wonder it broke so easy. Don't ask me what kind of materials and tools are. I just got it from a friends of friend of mine. Soo.. I'll ask him later what material and what tools are these.

Well you'll already know what to do.  Just make a bigger hole with the drill on the pulley and on the outer side hole of the shaft, where the pulley it's connected. Then you later need to cut the bigger pin to match the size of the stock one so it can enters correctly on the pulley and the shaft.

Bigger and stronger pin inside the pulley and the shaft.

Put everything back in place and you're layshaft is reinforced and finished. No more broken pins.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 2:17pm
Some great info here, Keep up the good work makes me want mine back...lol 
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by blade954 blade954 wrote:

Some great info here, Keep up the good work makes me want mine back... lol 

Thanks mate.

I know this is kind of late, but it some knowledge that's was needed here on the records years ago. And I dedicated some time to put it all here.  And I know when people see this, some of them will really appreciate this. Some will just ignore it.

This is all for now at the moment.  But I will post more info later after I made some more test on the car with different parts.

Later Man.
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2011 at 10:57pm
this stuff is ace might even get my old r12 out of its box again there are also some of the   parts off the mi2 and mi2ec that fit and make good up grades

Edited by mi2driver - 14 August 2011 at 11:07pm
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 2:03pm
Thanks Mate. I'm glad you like it.  These are the people that I'm looking for. There's a lot of R12 out there on the shelves waiting for some kind of update.  I'm gonna keep updating some more new stuff when I get the time.  But this is all i have for now, just stay tune.  You can check too on the RC Tech forum site. I posted the same info on a RCTECH fusion R12 tread.  http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/16750-schumacher-r12-fusion-33.html

In case you made your updates on your r12, just want to know if the Rear Belt issue it's been solved once and for all.  An yess, I've been researching for parts and help from other peoples on the net, and some new parts from newer cars still fit with the old r12. Like I told before, the R12 is not really dead, it lives on with the M1 Electric car.

Cheers! Big smile

Edited by z24_v6 - 15 August 2011 at 2:08pm
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 5:34pm
Hi again guys. I've been off for a while, but here I'm again. I've been doing some updates to my R12 through the time. So here they are, hope you like it guys. I'm not getting to the details at the moment. Just to show the pictures what's new with my R12.

Mods
Big Bore Shocks
Low Profile KFactory Gas Tank
Front Roll Center Mod
Rear Roll Center Mod
Rulon or Red Shoes for the SPM Clutch (More Acceleration) And fine tuning adjustement to mesh with spur gears.

Smile

Cheers!

Z

Big Bore Shocks

Low Profile KFactory Gas Tank

Front Roll Center Mod

Rear Roll Center Mod

Rulon Red Clutch Shoes for more acceleration.

z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 8:08am
Last but no least. Had to do this with the 1st Speed One Way bearing, because it just won't withstand the force that generates from the SPM clutch after couple of runs. I seems that the one way bearing it's glued with CA so I used Locktight Marine Epoxy glue and see if doesn't comes off again. Already test it though for an hour and didn't come off. There's might be another way to tight that oneway bearing in the housing using a grub screw but it's more risky. But for now see what happens with the locktight marine glue on my next race.

infoleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infoleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 4:33am
I cannot understand this but I know that background color looks pretty good, I love purple!

Edited by infoleather - 12 September 2012 at 4:34am
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 7:09am

Here's what happened couple of weeks ago, when I run my R12 at my local rc track. It Qualified 5th in the A MAIN. But did not finished due to engine problems so yes it's a DNS. But it was a fast car though. Here's some pics: enjoy

Before the race

Racing time

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 12:54pm
Good stuff man good to see this burning around the track..... Arrr memories...... 
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by blade954 blade954 wrote:

Good stuff man good to see this burning around the track..... Arrr memories...... 

Man!! All I can say is... this little project thing is fast. It's faster than before after all the mods.  But the great factor here it's the clutch. This clutch gave a new life to this car.  People were like what the hell? Confused Shocked  I was racing against new everything.  New Serpents, Mugens, The Goat cars and bunch of Xray's.  And the R12 was still there... hanging with the big boys.  I still couldn't believe with my own eyes, either the people out there that a decade years old car can still be so competitive as before.

I have a race again on this weekend, and lets see what happened next.  I just hope that nothing wrong happens this time and at least finish the race.

I'll try to post more pictures, results and some videos if I get the chance.  I'll keep you guys inform.

Cheer's mate.

Edited by z24_v6 - 28 September 2012 at 5:24pm
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 5:55pm
This car can still be found on the internet on second hands.  I have seen a lot of people selling it on e-bay and forums out there. And I just found out that a guy on the internet sold a brand new R12 Team never been used for $75 Cry

I know that Schumacher guys focus on the electric touring cars and they have no plans for this car anymore, but still in the hopes that one day or some day, they change their minds and came up with a surprise.  Well in that case I'll be waiting until that day appears. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic