www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevepet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:03am

please can some one tell me the best way to start my fusion as i just cant seem to get it running.

the first day i got it it took me 2 hours to get it started but once i did get it started it ran great but since my clutch burnt out and now i just dont seem to be able to prime the engine props any ideas ????

please just give me some tips on ways to help start and run my fusion as i am new to this.

cheers

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:11am
Right, the easiest way to prime the car, firstly take the fuel tubing off the pipe.

Then blow down the tube and turn the engine over.

You should find it starts fine using this method to prime. Please note you'll only need to blow and turn over engine for around 2 seconds. Blow hard as well.

The fact it won't prime using the Schumacher method suggests you have a problem with an air-leak

Edited by glypo
nevepet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevepet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:17pm

come on some one else must have some more tips for me???

what is the best mix to have????

what pipe????

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:11am
na, glypo hit the ball there, check ur battery as well, is your engine kicking over at all? if it isnt check ur oneway and replace it or clean it, and check your airfilter to, ummm make sure ur not trying to start it when the tuning is to lean. thats about all i can think of.

Edited by sirus
Diver6127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diver6127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:35am

You burned your clutch on the first run? What did you do, run it full out without even breaking in the engine?

First, open the manual and reset the carb settings to factory. These are the break-in settings. FOLLOW the break-in proceedure. After the engine is broken in, replace the plug because it's probably fouled from the rich settings.

To prime, which shouldn't be too hard, cover the exhaust with your finger as you crank the engine over with your drill. You don't have to spin it too fast. Watch the fuel go through the tubing. Once it reaches the nipple, crank for another1-2 seconds. IF you over prime, the engine will go into hydrolock. That will require you to remove the glow plug and turn the engine with the drill while covering the engine with a rag from the spray. Replace the plug and try starting again.

IF there is an airleak in the fuel, you will see it squirt out. Replace if necessary.

nevepet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevepet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:44pm

no i ran about 10 tanks of fuel during the course of the day had it going quite nicely to be honest.

but the next time i tried to run it the engine was screaming !!!!!! i thought it was either going to fly to the moon or blow up .

i dont claim to no a great deal about my car as i am new to it, i had wanted one for a few years. I did eventually manage to get the engine sorted okay ran it once after about 2 hours of messing about but it ran sluggisg so i tried to tune it etc but after ding so there was no drive the car wouldnt move. so i rang the shop up (models in motion) were i got it from and they replaced the clutch for me but agian i fiddled around for 2 hours in wich i managed to run it once!!!!!!

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 12:15am
try priming it alot more, i noe that i have to prime mine alot
Diver6127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diver6127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 1:21am

Ok, my bad. The way you worded the first sentence lead me to beleive you didn't try braking it in.

If the car started and then screamed uncontrollably, there might be an air leak. If it's not holding a tune, there also might be an air leak.

Have you noticed any fuel seaping out from underneath the cooling head? Try tightening the cooling head in a criss cross pattern.

To check for air leaks when the engine is running, get a can of nitrocleaner. Spray the low end needle, high end, around the base of the cooling head and the base of the carb. Do one area at a time. Where ever it dies when you spray it is where the leak is. Also, change the fuel line as well as the pressure line if there is a leak.

Once everything is ok, bring the needles back to factory specs and recheck your carb opening to make sure it's the propper gap.

I always have a hard time, even after priming sufficiently, starting the car. I generally cover the exhaust with my thumb as I crank the drill ... slowly! If you have a drill with torque settings, set it as low as possible so that it's enough to turn but slip when fuel hits the cylinder. Once the fuel is in there and the drill starts to click, place the glowstarter on, turn up the torque setting and she should start right away. IF you hydrolock, you'll have to take out the plug and clear the cylinder.

A tip, once you think the car is primed properly, lift the car up and rock it around so the fuel will distribute and coat the cylinder wall prior to attaching the glow starter and starting the car. Hope this helps.

Edited by Diver6127
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic