www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stalling engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cypherious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stalling engine
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:38am
hi, small problem here, finished breaking the engine in but still running a little on the rich side, the engine starts fine, idles fine and runs with good power through the range and has good smoke, the problem is, after a few runs at half-full throttle, when i pull in and let it idle everything seems fine but as soon as i try to pull off from idle after a run the engine stalls, any ideas?
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by cypherious cypherious wrote:

hi, small problem here, finished breaking the engine in but still running a little on the rich side, the engine starts fine, idles fine and runs with good power through the range and has good smoke, the problem is, after a few runs at half-full throttle, when i pull in and let it idle everything seems fine but as soon as i try to pull off from idle after a run the engine stalls, any ideas?

Sounds like the LSN is still fat or you may need to bump up your idle gap a little, Sounds like when you do a high end pass you are clearing the fuel storage out of the low end which lets you idle a little longer than when you do only half throttle passes you are not clearing the engine out so when it drops down to a idle and you flatten it you give the engine to much fuel and with the glow plug cooler it quenches it and flames...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic