www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SHUMACHER R12 ENGINE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slim2k8420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHUMACHER R12 ENGINE
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 2:43pm
hey im new hear and i just got a R12 cheap but no engine which is the best engine for it i was thinking O.S. .18 TZ but sure it will fit thanks
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:53pm

Hi Slim. The R12 it's design for use with .12 Engines race legal. I'm not pretty sure if you can use an .18 Engine, unless you make some mods on the engine mounts. You can try the OS Tz .12 or something similar like novarossi, well it all depends on you're budget.  I use Rossi engines.  But you can ask  blade954, he did something similar with a R12 with .18 engine.

Edited by z24_v6
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:29pm
You can get a .18tz  cheaper than a Nova Rossi .12  You might have to make your own motor mounts. I put a modified OS .18 TZ in a V-oneRRR dropped right in.  And man was she fast!!  The .18 TZ is a good bang for the buck engine just don't do an extreme mod on it because it won't last very long.  The OS .18 TZ is a great choice for parking lot bashing but not legal for club racing.

Edited by nitrohead5300
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:54pm
Hey after sending you pm off i remembered i used mounts from another car cant remember but i had to modify them..... if power is what you are after ever thought of modding your existing engine you may be surprised.

Man been so long since i wheeled around a R12 ....

Nitro long time no hear matey how ya been......
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:23pm
Hi guys, both of you(Nitro, Blade) long time no see.  You guys rocked this forum years ago, welcome back again.

I recently put out my R12 back from the shelf after five years. And what this cars really needs is a push clutch like centax alike and not a slipping clutch that's comes in the box like the F.21 and F.28 and including the R12. After I put the SPM Racing Clutch, this car pulls fast like hell with my .12 Rossi engine, modified by MAXY Fuels. So i can't even to imagine this type of clutch on the F21, F28 and even a R12 with a .18 engine. I know there was some attempt with the Werks Clutch some time ago but was a failure.  But the difference here is that there a lot more options to choose so lets hope there's an option for the F21 and F28.

http://www.spmracingparts.com/index.php?c=products&t=cat egory&catid=46

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:57am
I sold my R12 to a gentleman from the UK who also was a big Shuie fan he mainly wanted it for parts and also because it was the Team version with all the alloy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 3:50am
Blade that was a nice car I am still enjoying my 1/5 scale MCD in the process of trying to convert it from a Rally car to 1/5 scale onroad basher that I can raise hell with in all the vacant shopping center parking lots   http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/nitroheadjones/007- 2.jpg
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 4:24am
Maan. Nitro, that car it's superb dude. Especially the bimmer body. You say you don't race that car? Only for bashing around? 
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by z24_v6 z24_v6 wrote:

Maan. Nitro, that car it's superb dude. Especially the bimmer body. You say you don't race that car? Only for bashing around? 

I still have my FG MT that I've just spent a few bucks on must admit that i like the bigger stuff so easy to work on.... Coming back here last week got me going and i pulled the 3 speed apart to replace the gears as i went to far in lightening them last time i was out the CMB dident help as when i flattened it it jumped straight to 3rd....
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 2:03pm
Just had to here was the R12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 1:35am
Thanks , Z24 I do race it with my buds on  shopping center parking lots.  It won't look that nice for long

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 1:37am
That R-12 was nice Blade
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 4:49am
Yep i regretted selling it but that always happens.. so you end up filling the void with something else..... 
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 7:03am
Thats so cool car Nitro. But I can't afford it ehehe

I have some updates or homefixes or whatsoever with the r12 car to be a little bit more durable with that freaking bloddy hell rear belt snapping, shredding, blister, braking or whatever you wanna name it hehe But I think I'm gonna open a new thread about this case. I'm wating some couple of parts that I order days ago. Specially a Kevlar rear belt that fits for the R12. And did some adjustments and tests that the 5 years old rear belt never broke. And I'm a victim of this rear belt issues before. Made some tests with this spm clutch and rips off my 5 years old glued foam tires, and that never happen with the normal R12 Team clutch. It's so powerfull that there's no need for a Centax Clutch, it just perform the same lke a centax. This is definitely an upgrade clutch. I'm going to put more information when I open the new tread.

Blade: Thats why I never sold my R12 heheh.  I knew if do it, I was going to regret it.  I have two R12 though hehehe. The original and the team car.

Here is the pic.

Edited by z24_v6
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 7:13am
I'll have a race on next sunday, and my shuie it's going to be back at a race after 5 years of absence.  And make some stress tests and see what happens.
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 7:23am
Originally posted by blade954 blade954 wrote:

Just had to here was the R12

Blade, your cars looked superb, they look like they were sponsored cars heheh. It's to bad that you left them.
DMJY510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMJY510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 9:29am
 hello,everyone ,I am damjy,it is my first post in this forum,I think it is necessary to make a short introduction,Don't you think so?I am a new member and I join in you just now,I am so glad to be here.Have a good time .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 2:35pm
Z24_v6  The R-12 is a race car I wish you good luck this racing season. You have 2 of them just for bashing put a .21 in the spare R-12.
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by nitrohead5300 nitrohead5300 wrote:

Z24_v6  The R-12 is a race car I wish you good luck this racing season. You have 2 of them just for bashing put a .21 in the spare R-12.

Thanks mate. Lets see what happens.  The spare R12 it's for spare parts heheh.  Not now, but later what i'm gonna do if I can get enough money, i'ts to buy the F28 Turbo someday and I'll definitely use that car for bashing, and yess, to take out that clutch and try find a SPM clutch for it. But right now I'll stick with my race cars, I'm more racing oriented than bashing around.

Edited by z24_v6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 5:05pm
So long as you are having fun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic