www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi guys/girls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cypherious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi guys/girls
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:24am

just saying hi really, new to nitro but not new to rc, picked up a fusion 28 turbo a couple weeks back, taking some serious getting used to the power of this thing!

currently waiting for new upper and lower front wishbones to be delivered due to me not checking the rx battery... half throttle into a wall midway through a turn was painfull, big open space with only 1 wall close by and thats the direction the car decided to head in :(

(on-board volt meter + low voltage failsafe have now been fitted lol)

shame this forum isn't as active as it once was, appears to be some very knowledgable folks MIA

Edited by cypherious
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:00pm

Welcome to the forum mate!

It has died a bit of a death over the last few years, I think (IMO) due to Schumacher's perceived lack of interest in developing their nitro range.  The Fusion you've got is the latest (and probably last) in a line of 3-speed high-powered chassis which were based off the same engine/gearbox combo and were unbelievably fun.  It's a real shame because the Menace, Fusion and XTR3e brought a lot of admiration, and they haven't been properly replaced with anything that comes close to the insane power and "wow"-factor.  I notice from your profile that you are after a Menace; they come up on eBay all the time, but don't expect much better than a fixer-upper.  Lots of them have suffered abuse and neglect by people who lacked the skill to drive and maintain them properly.  Pretty much all the parts are available on here though, so if you fancy a bit of a restoration project then it's worth getting one 2nd hand.  A good rule of thumb though is that a 2nd hand in good condition is worth 1/2 or less than the original value; I bought mine for 330 brand new, so if you get a beater, I wouldn't pay more than 80-100 for a salvageable one...

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:10pm
Yep basically what Paul said i think if schumacher listened to the users and made newer more interesting parts and kept the interest there they would still be selling them. If it wasn't for Wolfgang making the chassis and clutch i think they would have died in the bum even earlier, Pity as the fusion menace was a true fun car. I still have a fusion and get it out every now and then.... The biggest mistake was taking the R12 off the track was a good car and more R & D it may still be around today.... I have a full  new in packet alloy set up for the R12/ Fusion found it the other day heading deep in to the RC shed..... I'm wanting a new RX8 with the new Picco .21

Enjoy the Fusion it is a very fun car to drive.... And if you can ever get your hands on a wolfgang chassis will make it twice as fun to run....

Edited by blade954
z24_v6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z24_v6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:26am
Well i'm one of those hoping for some updates for the R12 from Schumacher but in reality that's not going to happen anymore. I had a F21 for bashing, but once I started to enter in to the world of racing, I couldn't race the F21 on the events, so I bought a R12 instead. Later then the R12 was gone for good.  That's when I pull off the plug for the R12 until now, and do the support stuffs on my own. But in reality the car has to many problems to solved and maybe that's why Schumacher decided to let the car go. Maybe to much $$$ for R&D.  But like blade said.  Enjoy the Fusion. Cuz i's a hell fast car and fun to watch at high speeds.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:56am
If the menace was ever released i would be first in line best truck out for fun in my eyes, would have liked to see the menace come back with a picco .21 dropped in it... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic