www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTR World !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTR World !
    Posted: 15 July 2010 at 7:27am
I run Schumacher  X-treme, XT-R, XTR-TT, XTR3E's daily. There a great Rc, the best ! Run them, fix them, you name it. This is just the few I have. It's XTR WORLD !

Circle of XTR's
XTR3E -  The Speed DEMON !

Porsche 911  X-Treme

The XTR3E runs like a BAT out of Hell !
XTR3E with a Chevy Silverado body - You might say it's one fast truck
The few of the XTR family rc's that I run. Many more in my shop. Everything there is to know about this fantastic RC starts here.

Blue XT

Diff / Belt

One tuff belt

Single speed does the job and is plenty fast to beat most Rc's. A daily runner that is well maintained.

Right after a run and needs a cleaning
Life with the Schumacher's ain't so bad

Handles like a porsche 

XT's in restoration faze
The Purple with the Yellow is so nice. It's a distinctive color that sets it from the rest of the rc's out there. You might say it's capitivating !

Hard to find but worth it. Especially when racing. Purple alloy for the XTR series.

Sure there's other Rc's out there, but nothing like the XTRE3

Elven Wizard 24/7  workin on, and running Schumacher's day & night

Edited by elven wizard
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 11:06am
Hi Elven, about time you joined this forum. Nice pictures.
cyberglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 12:10pm
Awesome mate.
Its a shame schuey discontinued the XTR it was a bloody good truck. everyone knew what they were on the Rc circuits and nobody wanted to race against them.

Just a shame they didn't build on what they had and instead released a load of new slow assed junk heaps which are outclassed in every way by even the cheapest of HPI and team associated products.

There were some cracking pan cars made out of xtrs i will try to find out if there still going they had a whole team of them racing. all the xtr parts bolted to a different chassis. would be worth looking into doing with one of your spare cars.

Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 2:14pm

Dude, Great collection you got there! I have an XTR 3e and i agree, they are one of the all time greats. My personal fav of all my cars alongside my Manic.

Do you have any Alloy spares floatin around that you may not need and want to sell an to an XTR fan to upgrade my beast or know of where i can lay my hands on some of the good stuff?

Cheers, Jon.

elven wizard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 2:57pm

Hi thanks for the compliments. I have many more XTR's. My shop is full of them.  I've used just about all my alloy parts for the XTR'3e that I race. They just make a Super Rc that much better. I hope Schumacher brings back this wonderful Rc someday or a revised one maybe. Here are some more general pics and mods I've done below.

gas tank mod

2nd pic

This stock engine mount VS

this alloy engine mount

Very rare HARD part to find

New in the package

Alloy

dissipates heat

Just awesome looking

Schumacher got the colors down right !

alloy front & rear - SPEED SECRET - Goodies

COOL

XT dirt roosters

OLD SCHOOL

Diff maintance & belt check

Edited by elven wizard
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 3:49pm

My best XTR'3e racer

3 speed fun !! A very simple reliable transmission design

Yellow & Black paint job sheme really bring out the looks of the XTR3E 

Mean looking XTR3e

Roosters all day long

UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE

The power of the .21 engine is a perfect match for this awesome Rc.

When thinking of the XTR3E automatically you think of speed. another trait that is special about it, is that the XTR3E handles very well on track. On the track I'm mostly keep it in 1st & 2nd speed only on the straights do I kick into 3rd gear.

Edited by elven wizard
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:55am

Clear bodied XTR3E in perfect condition I always upkeep this XTR3E and has had many runs.

The 3 - speed gets this buggy up in a hurry quickly. easy access to open gears. They last a very long time. To replace just pop out and put a new one in. Couldn't be more simpler. One of the exciting things I think of when running the XTR3E is hearing the tranny shift thru the gears. That cool popping sound.

See - thru body to see that purple head

Porsche 911 XTR3e - in green

side view

XTR3E

Street Racer Camero XTR'3E

rear view

This thing hauls ! It eats Jato's for lunch

Camero

beautiful - blue - paint job with black stripes

XTR'3E - simple design layout, everything right there to work on

XTR'3e & Menace a perfect combination !

add some strength with Schumacher purple shocks

Schumacher's famous chassis color. One of a kind

Racing Schumacher's XTR'3e's on a track I built specifically made for Schumacher's Rc's. 1/10 scale in mind. Straightways, jumps, burms, you name it. It's a non abusive track that really brings out your driving skills. The more I run the XTR's on this race track the more I like how they handle

Edited by elven wizard
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 6:19am
I'm currently fixing a XTR i got in an auction online. Engine runs fine, the car was filthy ( preloved clearly :P) and I need a part, but I am unsure of what the part number is, it's on the front of the truck, the thing that holds the front bumper together.

I highlighted it in your pic, that part is snapped and gives alot of play in the front housing. I'm also missing the battery box cover (I will order a whole new battery box) And the fuel tank lid has came off, and the previous owner plugged it with a cork!! All i need is the lid, the spring is inside the fuel tank. It's also missing an engine mount screw, hey 3/4 isn't so bad! :P. and the front left nut and bolt that holds the suspension was lost and has been replaced rather crudely! Would you be able to help me out by telling me the part number for the part above, and if you have a spare battery box cover or anything, I could send you some money on paypal, it'd save me buying the whole thing :-)

After rereading that, it's not so clear what I meant.
I need to know the part number for the highlighted thing!
And if you have a spare battery box cover, I'd happily pay some money for it (Saves me buying a whole new battery box) same goes for the fuel tank :-)

Thanks, nice cars you have there! Luke

Edited by Ruxxie
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:37am
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:44am
Thanks a lot for that diagram Anthoop, now I've pinpointed the exact parts I need and doubled my shopping list price, oh joy! However I cannot wait to see the fruits of my labour, I hope nothing is broken engine wise, are there any tests I can run myself? it has good compression (really hard to turn the piston over when it's at top of chamber) Everything seems fine to me. Is there a guide for transferring normal XTR to 3 speed?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 2:05pm

( Encircled part ) U322E - Lower Front Suspension Plate

U1005L - battery cover

U7004E - Fuel tank spring

U1398P - Fuel tank lid

Engine Mount screw - M3 x 35 Cap Head / M3 Nyloc Nut

Pics & Description

Engine Mount screw - M3 x 35 Cap Head / M3 Nyloc Nut

U1005L - battery cover

U1398P - Fuel tank lid

U7004E - Fuel tank spring

Needs new tank seal

Hi Luke, Wizard doesn't ship items oversea's international no more. Across the globe shipping there's to many problems of the item not going to it's destination.

Hope soon you get your XTR up and running. There a blast to drive !

Edited by elven wizard
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 2:44pm
Aha yes I located all the parts :D And from the diagram noticed I needed alot more too :D.

Hey, that's always the dodgey thing of transatlantic shipping huh. Well that's not worries, budget allows for all the parts I've got to buy! I didn't notice that you were from the US until after I'd posted!

Would you have any tips or be able to tell me how to convert it to a 3 speed transmission, and give me the part numbers of the stuff I'll need? Thanks wizard :D I'm very envious of your collection there :'D. I'm relatively new to rc cars, and I have a Manic, menace gtr and the XTR :D
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 3:07pm

The X-treme, XT-R, XTR-TT, XTR'3e tranny has evolved over the years. Strengthening changes have been made to accommodate the power of the .21 engine & 3 speed gearing. This includes a updated driveshaft . All in the ' XTR3E '. It would be advantageous to pick up a XTR'3e already put to together.

parts you need -

U2490 Moulding Set - 3 Speed Gears

U2492 Spring; Shim and Pin Set-3 Spd (5and7k rpm)

If you happen not have the TT transmision -

U2405 Transmission Housings - TT

U2494 Alloy Pulley and Layshaft; 3 Speed-TT Trans

U2406 Alloy Washer Carriers; pair - TT

U2407 Diff Pulley - TT

U2408 Diff Washers - TT ( pair )

U2410 Drive Belt - TT

U2431

Alloy Diff Outputs - XTR-Big 6

U2496 Diff Screw Set - Alloy Diff Outputs

U2332

Drive Shafts and

Wheel Hub - 21XT-R (pr)

U2331 Differential Output Yokes - Big 6 (pr

below is standerd single speed tranny

Alloy Diff Half; pair - Big 6 Nitro and E.P.

Happy you like the XTR's collection. I have a shop in the U.S. that is solely dedicated to the XTR series. I have currently 3 times more XTR's than what is shown.  Races are held on Saturaday's on my Schumacher race track.

TT Transmission

Edited by elven wizard
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 5:09pm
Ahhh I just added up all those prices, came to well over 100, for less than that price I could get a used 3e and use the XTR I have as a donor car. As that's the case ( I was really hoping to get it changed to 3 speed ) I think I'll put some more money aside and buy a used 3e!

Wow dude, that is great, do you do that for a living? :D
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 5:55pm

Absolutely I work on these Rc's as a hobby, but not for a living. I need very little sleep so while in my half of the world while everyone is snoozing I 'm workin, tuning, even running & etc Schumacher's. In the day time I do this too.

Edited by elven wizard
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:22am
  Here's an overall look of the Schumacher XTR3E. For part - Identification, model design and know how of this rc.

XTR3E

Thunder Tiger .21 engine

fuel tank

front end /  ground clearance /  suspension

servo's - throttle / steering

steering

front shocks

front body posts

middle - ( reciever taken out for pics )

carb return spring

3 speed tranny / pinion

back end

driveshaft

air filter

wheelie bar

rear body posts

battery carrier

bottom chassis

front rim / tire

rear rim / tire

Edited by elven wizard
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:48am
Sounds like an awesome setup there mate :D
Ruxxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruxxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:54am
Could you tell me any engine checks I should do for the xtr? To see if it's still running nicely?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:46pm
Before you start put some after run oil in the engine & carb to lubricate the pistons and all the internal parts inside. The carb if not in use after some time will become sticky. After run will help free things up. Let it soak for awhile. While that's being done check the glow plug condition. If bad replace with new  Clean out any crude around the glow plug. Now turn the flywheel by hand to move the pistion up and down. This lets the after run oil go thru the internal parts of the engine.   > I use always use after run oil on all my nitro engines < Since it's been sitting you might as well give the thunder tiger an overall check out. gear mesh check, carb -  tighten if loose, clean air filter & use air filter oil, make sure engine is snug fit tight onto the chassis. Start her up. Give it a few gentle revs and go from there, see what happens. You'll already have a good start in bringing it back to life. Be sure you have a hole in the lexan body to cool the Thunder Tiger engine.

Edited by elven wizard
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elven wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 7:46am
                                                  XT          BARNYARD FIND

This XT was a barnyard find. Even though it's all together it was in dire need of TLC

The XT was sitting for years.   You might say it was rather neglected
When I got it, it was very sticky as if nitro was dumped on it. I suspect it was nitro because it smelled just like it. That made things interesting.
Lets start off with the driveshafts. They were just about locked up full of crude and dried nitro.  Take apart and clean every bit out

driveshaft

taken it apart

These servos were definitely gone. Badly Rusted !

The muffler had some kind of junk or growth on it. Took muffler out and soaked it.

Fuel hoses replaced,  straighted kinks out on carb return spring. As for the reciever ...........

One major item on the XT that worked was the Traxxas receiver.

Engine was frozen up disasembled it, cleaned it out relubed. Replaced pull start for a "e"- start.

After a day of restoring - realigning the steering, new servos, freshen the engine , cleaning out the chassis, replacing tires that had cracks / tears, cleaned & oiled bearings, scraped out rust spots to bare metal on yellow chassis reprimed and painted, cleaned out the fuel tank, trans inspected and cleaned.

Replaced engine head

Put new double AA Duracells in rear battery carrier. Just about every moving part had to be taken out, pulled apart cleaned, lube and put back together. When all this was completed I fired the XT up, took it easy on it and gave it some back and forth runs. After a few tanks of running the XT, it was as good as new.

Edited by elven wizard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic