www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTR World !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:12pm
Hi jon just thought id say thanks for your help, I now have my xtr up and running I managed to get a pull start, thunder tiger pn0229 fits, brought a new air filter and glow plug and it took a while to start but it fired up eventally, I couldnt believe it. I forgot how amazing this car is! Ive run today and loved every minute of it! Thanks again. Ryan
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:21pm
I would strongly advise after run oil if you dont already use it. A coupla drops in the carb and a couple down the the glow plug hole, turn it over a few times then pop the glow plug back in. It will protect it while its not being used. I use after run in all my engines.
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:06pm
Hi jon, I allready have after run oil, the only I have found is after running a tank full it takes time to restart it again? Any ideas what that might be?
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:19pm
Possibly over heating. Other option being, how much fuel has the engine through it? Was it run in correctly? Has it been thrashed and abused? I only ask because the piston and cylinder may be worn.

To solve the over heating, i would return the main fuel mixture needle to factory settings. Which if my memory serves me correctly, is 2 full turns from closed. I personally would go to 3. Run the car, and slowly lean it out at 1/8th of a turn till you get good performance yet a good trail of smoke. I dont tune by temp and ive never popped an engine yet. If this fails, seal the engine. This guards against air leaks. The rear plate and carb. I remove them, apply a high temp silicone sealant and reassemble and let cure for 24 hours. All else fails, new piston and liner.

I have 6 of these engines, ive sealed all of them like that. All run sweet but they are also low usage
alanang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 6:46am
Hi guys,
I have just completed fixing my XTR-3E (got it from a friend) but I cant find a rotor starter that can fit the starter shaft. I am planning to convert it to a pull start instead and I have read that the Thunder Tiger PN0229 can fit directly.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get that in Malaysia (or not sure where to get it). Is there any other brands that can be used instead that will fit directly to the XTR-3E engine without any modifications? If its a rotor starter for other brand, then that might help too, so I can get the rotor starters that has the correct starter shaft.

Please help! I really want to get this unit running very soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alan
Malaysia
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:14pm
Use a chordless drill with a torque setting. Also, must have a speed of atleast 1000rpm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic