FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTR World !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTR World !
    Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:14pm
Use a chordless drill with a torque setting. Also, must have a speed of atleast 1000rpm.

alanang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 6:46am
Hi guys,
I have just completed fixing my XTR-3E (got it from a friend) but I cant find a rotor starter that can fit the starter shaft. I am planning to convert it to a pull start instead and I have read that the Thunder Tiger PN0229 can fit directly.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get that in Malaysia (or not sure where to get it). Is there any other brands that can be used instead that will fit directly to the XTR-3E engine without any modifications? If its a rotor starter for other brand, then that might help too, so I can get the rotor starters that has the correct starter shaft.

Please help! I really want to get this unit running very soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alan
Malaysia
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:19pm
Possibly over heating. Other option being, how much fuel has the engine through it? Was it run in correctly? Has it been thrashed and abused? I only ask because the piston and cylinder may be worn.

To solve the over heating, i would return the main fuel mixture needle to factory settings. Which if my memory serves me correctly, is 2 full turns from closed. I personally would go to 3. Run the car, and slowly lean it out at 1/8th of a turn till you get good performance yet a good trail of smoke. I dont tune by temp and ive never popped an engine yet. If this fails, seal the engine. This guards against air leaks. The rear plate and carb. I remove them, apply a high temp silicone sealant and reassemble and let cure for 24 hours. All else fails, new piston and liner.

I have 6 of these engines, ive sealed all of them like that. All run sweet but they are also low usage
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:06pm
Hi jon, I allready have after run oil, the only I have found is after running a tank full it takes time to restart it again? Any ideas what that might be?
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:21pm
I would strongly advise after run oil if you dont already use it. A coupla drops in the carb and a couple down the the glow plug hole, turn it over a few times then pop the glow plug back in. It will protect it while its not being used. I use after run in all my engines.
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:12pm
Hi jon just thought id say thanks for your help, I now have my xtr up and running I managed to get a pull start, thunder tiger pn0229 fits, brought a new air filter and glow plug and it took a while to start but it fired up eventally, I couldnt believe it. I forgot how amazing this car is! Ive run today and loved every minute of it! Thanks again. Ryan
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 10:10pm
I think it would only break. The pull strts i have im using as i dont have enough drill starts. I would even suggest buying a donor car of ebay maybe, for spares. I got 2 that i stripped for spares. As you have the 3e, i would definatly buy a spare set of gears for it
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:46pm
Would u fancy selling one of your pull starts? Thanks so much for ur help. I found one place in Australia but they want 79 aus dollars to buy and ship it? What do think?
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:35pm
I just had a quick look on the net for the G522 part you mentioned, its not available from schumacher anymore but it is the right one and available from overseas sellers.

The drive belt is
U1637 or U2410 which is for the TT transmission. Youll know if you have the TT Trans by looking at your diff housing. Around where the drive shafts exit the case, there will be TT embossed into the plastic.

My advice would be to got for the drill start option G556. Pull starts are all well and good but hard to come by now and less reliable.

All the part numbers ive listed are available from this site and are in stock. I checked :-)

ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:22pm
does anyone want to sell me a spare pullstart for a 21 xtr 3e please. 

ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:19pm
can anyone tell me if the schumacher g522 pullstart will fit a 21xtr 3e, thanks for reply jon, just getting things sorted now? where can i get a new drive belt from if i need one? 

Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:18am
Worcestershire im from. Any big block or 1/8th air filter of ebay will work
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:10am
Nice, where abouts are you from? I will take a look at the belt, is there another alternative air filter as the foam one at schumacher are out of stock?
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:02pm
I have 4 of them in top condition and 2 others in bits. I do have pull starts on a couple of them, of the top of my head i think the part number is PN0077 but the drill start is alot easier and more reliable. I use OS No.8 plugs on all my engines, of which i have about 20 or so. Its my plug of choice. I also use Byrons Race Gen2 fuel. Ensure your gears are meshed cortectly and your engine is mounted tightly. If your all up for a good check up, id also open the diff up to check the condition of the drive belt. They deteriate over time. Ive trashed 2 in the last month alone so i think its well worth the 10 mins it takes.
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:16pm
Ok, do you have a xtr? What pull start do you have? Do you know what glow plug it takes? I have it sat for about five years so needs a a good sort out.
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:12pm
I wouldnt like to give a definte answer as i dont have that pull start but i dont think it will. The new pro 21 pull starts dont fit.
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:06pm
Thanks for the reply, I did have that. But replaced it. Do u know if a thunder tiger pn0229 will work?
Jonnnblue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnnblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 8:55pm
Best of buying the drill start attatchment, availble from schumacher direct
ryi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 8:52pm
Hi can any one help me im trying to find the right pull start for my xtr 3e either the part number or if anyone has got a spare?
currall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote currall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 10:46pm
yep I totally agree I have a hpi baja 5b love it but to
be honest my xtr is beating it! got it fully tuned and nice now running
on 20% wheelies a lot! think I'll get the menace tomorrow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic