www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

servo saver ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: servo saver ?
    Posted: 09 July 2010 at 3:16am

Does anyone run a servo saver, as I am stripping horns, I have a hitec servo?

racer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:09pm
I would like to know this too, Why does'nt the new cougar Sv have one built in, like the older cars?
MattW View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:23pm
It shouldn't be an issue. On the most popular 2wd of recent times (Associated B4), the majority of racers super glued the servo saver together - as even with the stiff spring, you could
tell that it would slip sometimes. I haven't run a servo saver in 2wd for maybe 5 years.

Make sure you use the correct horn - the correct one will feel too tight, you almost need to use the screw to pull it onto the servo output.
racer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:29pm

Originally posted by MattW MattW wrote:

It shouldn't be an issue. On the most popular 2wd of recent times (Associated B4), the majority of racers super glued the servo saver together - as even with the stiff spring, you could
tell that it would slip sometimes. I haven't run a servo saver in 2wd for maybe 5 years.

Make sure you use the correct horn - the correct one will feel too tight, you almost need to use the screw to pull it onto the servo output.

My son races at our local indoor track, which is quite narrow, he tends to hit the corner hard, and strips the first gear in the servo (Futaba s9402), it the first time he raced the SV, previous hes been using a Fireblade 2000.

racer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:30pm
BNW, is the Servo Saver U2882 suitable for the SV

Edited by racer
Madmax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:59pm
I have tried the u2882 part and the spring fails on the top of the
serevo body it seems that this saver was a after thought by
shumacher. I have been using a kimbrough medium size but you
have to move the servo to fit but it does reduce throw on the
steering. The only solotion is to use a yomo sd200h part to sort out
the issue but they are on back order and no stock at cml
Essexboyracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Essexboyracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 2:23pm
It is possible to modify the Tamiya hi-torque servo saver to fit. You can get the servo saver in Alloy and also plastic. There is a how-to on the web about the alloy one (see link below), but my mate tried to convert his plastic Tamiya Hi-torque servo saver and that seems to have worked well. He had to Dremel the servo saver and the metal rings to make it thinner, but we tested it last night and it worked fine. No modifications were made to the car to make it fit.

Link to Alloy servo saver mod
action135 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote action135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:02pm

Also, you can try a metal servo horn.

cruise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 4:16pm
 In Germany we found that Yokomos K5 Servo saver is the best fit.

Part Nr.Yokomo SD-200H

Cruise
juergen_jl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juergen_jl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 8:57pm
Cruise,

you will use this servo safer during the DM 4WD mod (german
championship)? Are you going for another test drive in Schenkenhorst?

cruise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 5:43pm
No I don`t use servo savers in both my cars .Some of my team drivers had problems and they came up with this saver because it fits depending on servo without or minor dremeling into the Cougar.
No further practice planned because of the Distance tp Berlin.

Cruise
juergen_jl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juergen_jl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 6:12am
Danke, Ralf

We plan a test day in late August.

Any further suggestions for the car? (exept big bore, new rear wing,
overdrive front (I already have). I won`t use the ABS.
Bicgatepc02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bicgatepc02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 5:45am

Thank you for such a kind and detailed response! It has been a very big help.

I know understand what the numbers all mean and have a good perspective on what numbers I should buy, as a beginner.

No more questions in particular at this stage, but I feel very welcome if I have any more in the future.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic